• 01-25-2007, 07:46 PM
    audio_dude
    got my Marantz CD5400 today!
    yay, finally i've got a CDP to give some life to my rig!

just got it today, arrived in absolutly pristene condition, couldn't have looked better!

i'll have some pics up soon, maybe a mini review after i get this thing all setteled in.:sleep:

:5: :16: :6:
  • 01-26-2007, 08:21 AM
    JohnMichael
    Congratulations on your new player. I have to say once again that I am impressed with the CD5001 so I am sure you will enjoy your Marantz. I am trying out some new speakers and I am pleased that with higher deffinition speakers the Marantz sounds even better.
  • 01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
    basite
    congrats dude.

...maybe I also have to consider a cd player...

new speakers will definately make your rig even better.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 01-26-2007, 11:17 AM
    audio_dude
    yeah, i've still got to do some more indepth listening, but so far, its amazing!

oh, and about the speakers, my dads getting me new ones for my birthday... I may go listen to them sometime soon.
  • 01-26-2007, 11:30 AM
    basite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio_dude
    oh, and about the speakers, my dads getting me new ones for my birthday... I may go listen to them sometime soon.

any idea of which ones they will be? :ihih:

I hope to buy new speakers in 2 years, if all goes well...

first a new amp...

anyways, let us know what happens!

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 01-26-2007, 07:54 PM
    audio_dude
    LOL, the paradigm mini-monitors.

I went and listened today... the new models sound COMPLETLY different from the old ones.

Whilst the old ones had a sound better geared towards Rock music, the new ones have a great sound with classical and jazz, they're much brighter and have a..."bigger" sound.

I'm going to post something in the speakers section with more indepth detail.
  • 01-26-2007, 09:07 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Congrats to you as well, your system is looking pretty good.
    I used to own about 4 different pairs of Paradigm. My first mid-hi speakers I had was Monitor 5. I miss da hell outta those. They werent very picky about what music was being played(maybe I wasnt as picky as I'm currently).. Mini Monitors will Rock your system for sure. I do need to go audition their new speakers and hear how they sound. But you can always choose to get a pair from different company. Have you thought about other companies? But for now it sounds like your music is bangin'

Best Wishes,

JRA