Forum Regular

Smile cambridge audio 640c version2 vs Arcam cd73t

Hi,
    I'm wondering has anyone compared the Arcam cd73t with the Cambridge audio 640c version 2. I compared the CA with the Rotel 1072, the rotel seemed bland the Marantz cd 6000ose it tended to be bright, the Marantz cd7300 was warm however the timing seemed a little slow. The NAD c542 was nice and musical in the midrange however it did not have the large soundstage or the detail of the CA v 2. The CA v1 is certaintly not as good as the CA v2, the CA v2 its more musical, detailed, better bass and soundstaging. However the CA v2 can tend to be a little cold and clinical sometimes. So Im wondering whether the Arcam cd73t is better overall sound than the CA. Any input would be appreciated
    Thanks,
    Steve

Forum Regular
    I did compare the version 1 to the Arcam and ended up purchasing the Arcam.I thought it was worth the price difference.I since have heard the version 2 briefly and it is better for sure but i did not have an Arcam to compare.Tough call,it's probably 85 percent of the Arcam for 2/3 the price.Either way you should be happy.

bill

Forum Regular

Smile

Thanks for the reply Bill. I read a review on the CA v2 on audioreview where a person preferred the sound of the cambridge over the arcam as it was a more exciting listen, I have heard it said that the Arcam can be fairly safe (very smooth) in its sound, so it can lack a bit of sparkle and drive in the wrong system.
    Thanks for your input.
    Steve.

Thread Information