DVD Players

Printable View

• 12-03-2003, 06:48 AM
    mikeale
    DVD Players
    Purchased a new 50" Samsung TV and now am told I need a progressive scan DVD player. Do not have a lot of money to spend since the TV was expensive. Any recommendations? The sales person is trying to sale me on a Samsung HD931 that requires the purchase of a $100 DVI cable. This would bring the total to around $400. Would I be better off to buy some other $400 brand and use component hookups that I already own? Taking all suggestions. Thanks
  • 12-03-2003, 11:40 AM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeale
    Purchased a new 50" Samsung TV and now am told I need a progressive scan DVD player. Do not have a lot of money to spend since the TV was expensive. Any recommendations? The sales person is trying to sale me on a Samsung HD931 that requires the purchase of a $100 DVI cable. This would bring the total to around $400. Would I be better off to buy some other $400 brand and use component hookups that I already own? Taking all suggestions. Thanks

There are lesser priced progressive players available, especially this holiday season, and yes, you can use component cables which are inex-pensive video cables. No reason for that $100 cable or expensive video cables.
  • 12-03-2003, 11:41 AM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeale

One more thing. You should buy a test DVD such as Avia or Sound&Vision set up disc to calibrate the TV as it is not properly set at the factory.