Forum Regular

Need New Digital Cable...

Hello I recently upgraded my H/T system to include an NAD T753 and a Yamaha C-920 multidisc DVD. When I first started out a few years back I was using the Monster Cable Toslink cable and not knowing any better I liked its performance. A little later I read several forums and articles that said a Coax cable gives better performance, so after months of researching I settled on the DH Labs silversonic D-75.

When I hooked it up I immeadiatley noticed that the volume had to be turned up higher to achieve the same sound level as the Toslink. I don't know if this is a fact or just my imagination. Well fast forward to today as I said I upgraded everything even purchasing a set of Focal JM Labs Chorus S speakers. I would like to upgrade the digital cable and don't know whether to go with a high end toslink like the WireWorld Super Nova III or stick with a Coax.

Please give me some suggestions on the best flat out performing digital cable in the $150 (1.5m) and under catagory.

The best way to enjoy a nice new $150 digital cable is to go buy a $2 cable and $148 worth of good DVD's and CD's.

Forum Regular
    Thats a dumb ass answer A-hole and OCC are a couple of pickle smoochers.... Jesse James is the real deal.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard
    Hello I recently upgraded my H/T system to include an NAD T753 and a Yamaha C-920 multidisc DVD. When I first started out a few years back I was using the Monster Cable Toslink cable and not knowing any better I liked its performance. A little later I read several forums and articles that said a Coax cable gives better performance, so after months of researching I settled on the DH Labs silversonic D-75.

When I hooked it up I immeadiatley noticed that the volume had to be turned up higher to achieve the same sound level as the Toslink. I don't know if this is a fact or just my imagination. Well fast forward to today as I said I upgraded everything even purchasing a set of Focal JM Labs Chorus S speakers. I would like to upgrade the digital cable and don't know whether to go with a high end toslink like the WireWorld Super Nova III or stick with a Coax.

Please give me some suggestions on the best flat out performing digital cable in the $150 (1.5m) and under catagory.
    Not possible. No evidence that any $150 digital or video cable as they are the same, will out perform the one suggested by the other poster.
    Actually, there is no evidence that it would outperform the Tos cable, for that matter. You may just want to stick with what you have, or just flip a coin or pick one that impresses you the most, in any way.
    mtrycrafts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard
    Thats a dumb ass answer A-hole and OCC are a couple of pickle smoochers.... Jesse James is the real deal.
    Yeah whatever. There is NO difference in the sound that a digital cable transmits because....drum roll please....IT'S DIGITAL! It has two modes, off or on. Either it works or it don't, there is no in between, and there is no variation. There is also no difference in coax and toslink.

Sounds like you're just bitter because you just found out you're a jackass for spending $150 on a pretty cable when you could have bought the same thing at WalMart for less than $5. Sometimes the truth hurts, eh?

Forum Regular
    Yeah thanks for the answer to bad most do not agree with you guys. Besides big Pauly is a pussy and is all show.

I hate your avitar because OCC is just a big ripoff, they make money by buying all the pieces for a bike and then screwing them together and they sell it as a custom bike. They even hire a kid do the paint work. Anyone who wants to line big Pauls pockets with gold feel free becasue that is the only reason he builds bikes to make money.

Jesse James on the other hand is a true original, he hand pounds all the metal on his bikes and even does the paint- the Tuttles are frauds. Your comments along with the avatar makes me really not like you. I am looking for honest help here.
    Last edited by Redbeard; 07-17-2004 at 10:04 AM.

Sounds like you've got it all figured out. I sure wish I was as smart as you.

Forum Regular
    Yeah thanks for the answer to bad most do not agree with you guys.

I see. You are looking for a supporting, comforting feedback. I wasn't aware that facts were established by a vote?

Oh, who are these most that you refer to? How do you know that they are the most and not the least? Whom did you survey?
    mtrycrafts

One thing I've learned about this hobby...

...is that sometimes you wind up spending a lot of money to learn that you really didn't need to spend a lot of money for the same results.

Try to learn to separate the marketing hype from the true science.

...just a little food for thought.

Thread Information