• 08-05-2004, 12:42 AM
    baddave
    Digital Out on ROTEL RCD-965BX CD
    hello!

I've got the CD player in the title and wonder if anyone knows what kind of connector it needs and if anyone can suggest a good digital/optical signal convertor so i have the option of recording music onto my i-river without any analogue.

Bye!

dave
  • 08-16-2004, 09:11 AM
    Pat D
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baddave
    hello!

I've got the CD player in the title and wonder if anyone knows what kind of connector it needs and if anyone can suggest a good digital/optical signal convertor so i have the option of recording music onto my i-river without any analogue.

Bye!

dave

I have a Rotel RCD-965BX, too. It's a real nice player and tracks very well.

It doesn't have an optical digital output but an electrical digital one. My owner's manual simply says:

"If you have a separate D/A converter unit or an amplifier with a D/A converter built-in, which has a digital input socket, you can connect from the DIGITAL OUTPUT of the player to such digital input using a proper connecting cable available on the market."

I've never used the digital out but the appropriate cable would be a digital or even video cable with a 75 ohm characteristic impedance. Such cables are available at Radio Shack and no doubt other places such as WalMart at moderate cost.

I don't know anything about i-river, but if it has a digital input it should be easy to connect it.