Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Hey, has anyone seen these Panasonic SA-XR45s or 70s for sale anywhere? Sheesh, there are few to none on eBay, and most online retailers seem to be sold out. The ones that do have any are selling them at close to list price! These must be popular receivers! I'm thinking I should be able to pick one up for around $300 new or $200 used, but darned if I can even find one.

"SRGETZ, I have a T-amp on backorder, don't know when I'll recieve it as every place is sold out. I noticed you were using the amp on Dynaudio speakers. Which model? I'm planning to hook the amp up to a pair of B&W 601 s3, 88 dB, with 8/3 ohm min. Is the T-amp able to drive the dynes, as I know they are relatively inefficient. I don't listen to music loud, especially in this bedroom system."

I am srgetz (I accidentally signed in with my email username for that post). The SI will play the B&Ws at low to moderate volumes decently with the right music (nothing hard). Just don't expect miracles, it really needs very efficient speakers to sound its best. Though it may be plenty if you have a very small room. It outputs 10w or less per channel max into 8ohm. When I have the room, I may get an inexpensive set of vintage Klipsch or the like.

Also a lot of people like to biamp these for more power, you can do that if you have bi-wireable speakers. Run a splitter off the CD player outputs, also you need the 1/8" to RCA adapter for each unit. I think monster and AR make them if you want something better than radio shack.
    Last edited by psonic; 03-17-2005 at 12:39 AM.
    Dynaudio Audience 60
    Audio Refinement Complete Integrated
    Sony DVP-NC685V CD/SACD/DVD
    Audioquest Viper Interconnect
    14AWG OFC Speaker cable

"hey dreaming it up accounts for half the fun - and time"

VAB
    Forum Regular
    "The SI will play the B&Ws at low to moderate volumes decently with the right music (nothing hard). Just don't expect miracles, it really needs very efficient speakers to sound its best. Though it may be plenty if you have a very small room. It outputs 10w or less per channel max into 8ohm. When I have the room, I may get an inexpensive set of vintage Klipsch or the like.

Also a lot of people like to biamp these for more power, you can do that if you have bi-wireable speakers. Run a splitter off the CD player outputs, also you need the 1/8" to RCA adapter for each unit. I think monster and AR make them if you want something better than radio shack."

Psonic, Thanks very much for the info, I'm not expecting miracles. But for $30, what the heck, I'll give it a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information