• 09-28-2004, 06:03 PM
    jerkane
    Denon 2900 and Marantz DV6400?
    And as long as I am posting, I have been looking at one of the new universal SACD, DVD-A, DVD, CD players. Anyone A/B compare sound and video for the Denon 2900 and Marantz DV6400? Any others that might be worth researching? I am not a big fan of Pioneer and the Sony's don't play DVD-A although I don't know if either SACD or DVD-A is worthwile for me yet. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Thanks!
  • 09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
    Geoffcin
    Sorry but;
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jerkane
    And as long as I am posting, I have been looking at one of the new universal SACD, DVD-A, DVD, CD players. Anyone A/B compare sound and video for the Denon 2900 and Marantz DV6400? Any others that might be worth researching? I am not a big fan of Pioneer and the Sony's don't play DVD-A although I don't know if either SACD or DVD-A is worthwile for me yet. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Thanks!

Ad's aren't allowed in the Forums. Please feel free to use the classified section of Audioreview.com to post your item.
  • 10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
    Mike That Likes Music
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jerkane

I've said it before and I'll say it again... get a player that's good with whatever you'll be listening to the most. Hi-Rez discs are great, but if you own 1 of them for every 25 plain CDs you have (like me), get a player that first and foremost does well with CD.
    That being said, I have a DV6400 and am very happy with it. Never compared it to any other universal, though. One of the pluses of universal players is that most upsample CD. Though that is not true for every player, it is true with my Marantz and it sounds lovely.
    Mike