Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    I haveve a rotel 1080 amp 1070 preamp and marantz 7600 dvd player in which order would you stack them?

Why do you want to weigh down your speakers? If you start putting things on top of your components your going to have an ugly mess. BM, are you starting to obsess over vibration and the whole best sound thing? It looks like you have a very good audio system (that I'm sure has excellent sound) that your trying to tweak to death. ( I hope you dont take this in the wrong way). Just sit back and enjoy the music instead of constantly analyzing your system. We have all been caught up in that before.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Yep. You can say that again.
    Look & Listen

Bottom to top

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmoney
    I haveve a rotel 1080 amp 1070 preamp and marantz 7600 dvd player in which order would you stack them?
    As follows:
    • DVD, bottom: least heat and most needing stablization
    • Preamp, middle
    • Amp, top: heaviest and hottest.
    But be sure the load on the DVD is not so great that deforms or bends the top of the player. Also, be sure the there is clearance above the amp so heat can dissipate, say at least 4".

Forum Regular
    There may be some truth. In what you said, black raven. I think may be a little hard on my system, but I would disagree with what you said about having to enjoy it. I thouroughly enjoy my system. In all honesty tweaking is interesting to me and I just enjoy figuring out ways to improve my system. I guess researching audio has become a hobby of mine. After all, my nitpicking attitude towards my system in no way interfers with my ability to enjoy it. I rather, just enjoy hearing what you all have done for your systems purely out of curiosity and my love for the hobby. Sorry if I come off as displeased with my equipment, because I do very much enjoy what I have. However I enjoy listening to what others with more experience have to say about things I often wonder due to my curiosity.

Charm Thai™
    Kind of a weird sidenote but the first time i ever saw the use of Sorbothane was in the insoles of KangaROOS sneakers in the mid-late 1980's. I was really into the science behind athletic shoe design at that time and in this type of application the idea was shock absorption during compression.

mounting certain components for the purpose of resonance or vibration control can yield immediately noticable results, I've found
    Last edited by O'Shag; 04-25-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information