Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Creative speakers

I also found another good PC speakers and it's the GigaWorks T20 from Creative but are these speakers good too? Are they better than the Bose ones I was talking about on the other topic?

Here are some specs for these Creative speakers.

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=14299
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

Suspended
    I'm running out of ideas on how to get the message across to this guy. Can someone else give it a shot?

I am serious I really want to pick the best speakers out of the ones I talked about. Basicaly I' am thinking that the ones I' am interested in is the M-Audio AV-20 or the Bose Companion® 2 Series II multimedia speaker system or the Creative GigaWorks T20. Those 3 are the ones I' am interested in buying now but I just need to know which do you guys think that is the best out of the 3.
    Dallas's Forums

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I am serious I really want to pick the best speakers out of the ones I talked about. Basicaly I' am thinking that the ones I' am interested in is the M-Audio AV-20 or the Bose Companion® 2 Series II multimedia speaker system or the Creative GigaWorks T20. Those 3 are the ones I' am interested in buying now but I just need to know which do you guys think that is the best out of the 3.
    Bose Companion 5 are pretty good but they may cost more than your laptop @ $300.

If you really are serious, throw away the whole Laptop idea, get a nice little system and spin CDs.

I suppose at some time, you'll get banned from the store constantly buying, glueing, and returning speakers.

Well I' am compairing the Bose Companion® 2 Series II with the M-Audio AV-20 and the Creative T20 not other speakers that cost more.
    Dallas's Forums

The T20 does say that they use woofers and tweeters that have better resistance to humidity and temperature changes. So that is good. I basicaly want a durable lasting speaker that will last very long time so these might be the best for the price.
    Dallas's Forums

I have this system for my PC. At low to medium volumes, it surprises me at how good it sounds. http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...duct_id=fx4021 I bought at Best Buy.

They have others to chose from as well. These look cool if you don't like subs. http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...duct_id=mx5020

Here's their current line if you'd like to look around at specs. http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...puter_speakers
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    The T20 does say that they use woofers and tweeters that have better resistance to humidity and temperature changes. So that is good. I basicaly want a durable lasting speaker that will last very long time so these might be the best for the price.
    Do you take them in the shower with you? Do you live in a Rain Forest?

Suspended
    Hyfi, I don't think your approach is working either.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Hyfi, I don't think your approach is working either.
    he dont wike me vurry much....do he?

I'm starting to think he is a professional troll. That or brain dead.

He's just a kid who's a little socialy challenged. Let's try to help him the best we can and hope that he catches on a little at a time. Meanwhile, it makes for some funny a$$ reading (if you don't let yourself get frustrated).
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I think he should just stick with raising male Beta fish three at a time.

Spanky, I have $15 to spend on speakers. What are the best that have high tweeters and loud bass for a 2" woofer that play loud in the wet.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Spanky, I have $15 to spend on speakers. What are the best that have high tweeters and loud bass for a 2" woofer that play loud in the wet.
    I know this is a little out of your budget but I thought I would suggest these for $16.99:

Midiland 6-Pc 5.1 Channel PC Speaker Set
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MLI-467BLK-PB

It even has a wooden sub-woofer box so it will float in those wet areas.

Then there are these Ultra High End Harman Kardon PC speakers on Craigslist for $15.
    http://rochester.craigslist.org/sys/699446883.html

I just had to pull an old pair of speakers out of the closet to take to work. They upgraded my PC and now I have no volume for the lame speaks I use. I am now going to be using the Altec Lansing GSC-100 that came with a Gateway PC. I don't think they could be bought separate from a GW pc but I saw a set on eBay for $30 or the power supply only for $22. Must be a good power supply as it costs more than the 5.1 system mentioned above. The specs of these speakers are as follows:

Speaker Specs:
    Driver: One 3-inch full range
    Frequency Response: 90 hertz (Hz)–20 kilohertz (kHz)
    Sensitivity: 100mV (1 kHz/1M) for 88 dB SPL
    Audio Power: 4 watts per channel RMS
    Treble: ±dB at 7 kHz
    Input Impedance: >10,000 Ohms
    Headphone Impedance: 32 Ohms
    Headphone Jack: 1/8-inch (3.5 mm) stereo
    Power Requirements: +15VDC @ 800mA

Below is from an article from Smart Computing.

For connecting to the Internet or within an office environment, there is a 3Com 10/100 Base-T Ethernet card. The unit also provides an Ensoniq 16-bit audio card, a mouse pad, a kit to hold all of the documentation and its respective disks, and a majestic set of Altec Lansing speakers. The GCS100 speaker system has controls for volume and treble, and a headphone port. The speakers deliver remarkable sound, even at low volumes.

Those PC guys know their stuff. They have a 3" full range speaker so it should be louder than the 2" woofer one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I know this is a little out of your budget but I thought I would suggest these for $16.99:

Midiland 6-Pc 5.1 Channel PC Speaker Set
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MLI-467BLK-PB

It even has a wooden sub-woofer box so it will float in those wet areas.

I really like these..a little bit pricey...how's the return policy?
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    The T20 does say that they use woofers and tweeters that have better resistance to humidity and temperature changes.

"Better" than what?

The T20 has better and well made tweeters and woofers to last longer than most speakers. That's what it says about the details on the speakers.
    Dallas's Forums

The T20 has better and well made tweeters and woofers to last longer than most speakers. That's what it says about the details on the speakers.
    If you were building speakers and trying to sell them, would you put in the specs that they were over-priced and really don't sound very good?

Thread Information