Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

New speakers I got!

Yesterday my best friend William got me the Sony SRS-ZX1 that costs $400. He said he wanted to get me this since he knows that I' am into audio and sound. His other best friend has a set of these and he said they sounded amazing with alot of bass for it's size. He got these at the Apple store that is in Omaha, NE.

Here's some specs for my new speakers that I could never afford.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...9&tab=Features
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New speakers I got!-img_0667.jpg   New speakers I got!-img_0668.jpg   New speakers I got!-img_0666.jpg   New speakers I got!-img_0672.jpg  
    Last edited by SpankingVanillaice; 09-22-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I hope you will be very happy with your new speakers. I was glad to see you posting again. I hope all is going well.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Welcome back SVI. Enjoy the new speakers.
    Nice gift.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Nice to hear, SVI

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Yesterday my best friend William got me the Sony SRS-ZX1 that costs $400. He said he wanted to get me this since he knows that I' am into audio and sound. His other best friend has a set of these and he said they sounded amazing with alot of bass for it's size. He got these at the Apple store that is in Omaha, NE.

Here's some specs for my new speakers that I could never afford.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...9&tab=Features
    Some how I'm not amazed that you got new speakers (though they were a gift); in any case I do hope you enjoy them.

This is interesting but I never knew that these speakers have the same price as the Bose MusicMonitor but now I kinda wonder is which speakers will give better overall sound since both have the same price at $400. Also both are very compac and small and have waveguide bass ports I noticed. Just that Sony says that my new speakers uses Mobius Duct for Powerful bass sound reproduction and Turbo Shift for enriched sound. Some reason Bose doesn't tell much specs about there speakers but I heard that they use a waveguide or something like that to make soo much bass even it's such a small speaker. I know that my new Sony has ton of bass for a 57 mm woofer. I mean I can feel the bass which is amazing since normaly you need a small sub to get this bass. I also noiticed both use Neodymium Magnet and in a way both has dynamic equalizers but Bose calls it Bose digital signal processing.

Here's a link to the Bose MusicMonitor

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...itor/index.jsp

But I guess my question is basicaly does both speakers sound about the same in the bass and mids and highs?
    Dallas's Forums

I also didn't notice this but the stuff that comes with the speaker on the Bose look really alike to the Sonys I got. But I guess I still wonder which speakers sounds the best out of the two. But I do know one thing is that Bose has been always good on making small speakers sound big. But I don't know if the MusicMonitor has the same sound quality as the Sony SRS-ZX1 that also cost $400. The reason why I kinda figured that the stuff that comes in the box is the same is since I see the owners manual for the MusicMonitor and I see pics of the stuff that would come in the box and they look very alike to the Sonys. I saw the owners manual on PDF file on Bose.com
    Dallas's Forums

Ajani
    Well you could always trying returning the wonderful gift your friend gave you, to the store for a refund, and buy the Bose instead...

I' am just wondering what's the difference between the Bose MusicMonitor and the Sony SRS-ZX1.
    Dallas's Forums

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Well, one difference is that you have the Sony's. That's key. 9 out of 10 audiophiles prefer the sound of the speakers they have to ones that they haven't heard.

Enjoy for a while. Over-analyze some other day.

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Sorry, this is a little Off the subject. Are you any relation to jerkin?

RR6

Ok I don't know what to say.. But here we go again why do people in here love to get off topic and start to be mean. I thought this wont happen again since now it seems like we are getting of track here and talking about JO. Just because I' am gay doesn't mean you guys have to make fun on me. Or am I taking this whole thing wrong. It just seemed like you guys were doing the same old stuff again like you did before. I was only wondering what was the difference on the Bose and the Sony's since both had the same price tag.
    Dallas's Forums

Sorry, if you are refering to me and my post just above. This was not directed at you but at noddinOff. I have an overactive sense of humor which is also very dry. I was just making a silly play on words on his screen name. (noddinOff...jerkinOff...are they related, get it? ... just couldn't help myself). I don't even know what JO means unless it is my silly word above.

I had no idea that you were gay (I see nothing in your thread that says you are gay) and I don't really care if you are. If you look around here you will see lots of slapstick and dry humor interjected in many of the posts (especially mine). It's simply my way of keeping stress down and hopefully making more smiles in the world.

RR6

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    ...and so it was that the lamb wandered into the lion's den.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    ...and so it was that the lamb wandered into the lion's den.
    God, I missed this.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    More like Nurse Ratched walking into the cuckoo's nest...

It's medication time.

God, no wonder I have been so mucked! I thought it read: 9 out of 10 audiophiles prefer the sound of speakers they haven't heard to the ones they have!

Thanks for the smackupsidethehead, Noddin'!

PS: Nice to see ya around, VI!

Thread Information