AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy Kenwood DV-6050 troubles. Help!

Perfectly happy with newly bought DVD changer from Vanns until now. While Randomly playing CDs I got an error code (forgotten now, of course) and it stopped. Now no functions, just "Initializing" when turned on with subtle clicks as if the unit is trying to read the disc -- on-screen just displays "Mech Init" in Top Left corner. Also, though all five discs are currently in the player the light for the 4th disc is unlit.
    I've tried numerous Power On/Offs; pressing the Stop Button while turning off; multiple tries of opening the tray; unplugging; pressing every button . . . nothing works.
    Any ideas? Should I contact Vanns? Kenwood? Another site that has technical assistance?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep
    Perfectly happy with newly bought DVD changer from Vanns until now. While Randomly playing CDs I got an error code (forgotten now, of course) and it stopped. Now no functions, just "Initializing" when turned on with subtle clicks as if the unit is trying to read the disc -- on-screen just displays "Mech Init" in Top Left corner. Also, though all five discs are currently in the player the light for the 4th disc is unlit.
    I've tried numerous Power On/Offs; pressing the Stop Button while turning off; multiple tries of opening the tray; unplugging; pressing every button . . . nothing works.
    Any ideas? Should I contact Vanns? Kenwood? Another site that has technical assistance?

Yep, contact them and see what they say.
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information