Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bose speakers

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Bose speakers

I was wondering about this but is the Bose Companion® 2 Series II Speaker System really that good for it's price? I did listen to them at Best Buy and they did sound really good but are they really great speakers? I do know that they cost $100 so I can of cource return the M-Audio AV-30 and get the Bose Companion® 2 Series II Speaker System. I just noticed that Best Buy displays the Bose speakers like they are the best.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

I' am serious about this but I really need to know if Bose speakers are really that great as they display them. I did think they sound really good like lifelike sounds for the price but I just needed to know if they are really good speakers.
    Dallas's Forums

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

If you think they sound like they are worth the price, give 'em a go. You can always take 'em back.

Personally, I'd rather an Altec 2.1 system (or almost anything else) for half their price, but whatever turns you on.

I talked to someone at Best Buy that ownes these speakers and she said that they sound amazing like lifelife sounds and she said it's really worth $100 for these Bose speakers. But do you guys think they are that amazing as this person said? She also said that when she watches movies it sounds like a high end home theater system in just two speakers for computers.
    Dallas's Forums

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I talked to someone at Best Buy that ownes these speakers and she said that they sound amazing like lifelife sounds and she said it's really worth $100 for these Bose speakers. But do you guys think they are that amazing as this person said? She also said that when she watches movies it sounds like a high end home theater system in just two speakers for computers.
    Right, just like your PC guys, they have never heard a decent sound system because Best Buy does not sell any.

Why would she lie to you?

Look, you asked and I offered my opinion. It's time for you to be a big boy and make a decision based on your own feelings.

Besides, you can always take them back if you don't like them.

I'm sartin' to see what Ricn-in-Texas is saying. You really don't want answers, just companionship. Try a dating service for that.

But for Best Buy is Bose speakers the best they sell? Remember I can only afford stuff from stores like Best Buy since I' am in a budget and can't afford very high end stuff like you guys own.
    Dallas's Forums

Listen, you fargin' crybaby.

But for Best Buy is Bose speakers the best they sell? Remember I can only afford stuff from stores like Best Buy since I' am in a budget and can't afford very high end stuff like you guys own.
    Re-read my first post on this subject. Apparantly you didn't even bother.

Suspended
    You don't have to buy Real High End stuff. Several of us have given you numerous suggestions and you don't want them.

PC Speakers are just that, PC Speakers. Some sound better than others but none are great. How can they be?

My equipment is actually Entry Level High End and like everyone else, we worked, saved, and bought what we could. I told you weeks ago how I was able to buy my first system in 1976.

You are going to have to decide for yourself, do you want quality or volume. They do not always go together. Also, you never answered the question as to what is your reference tracks that you listen to to make your decisions ans assumptions. You could actually be playing 64k versions of crappy tunes to start with and even on all our high end systems, it still sounds like crap.

Other thing she said was that when you play games like World of WarCraft she said normal speakers have the echo sound but the Bose Companion® 2 Series II doesn't have that problem.
    Dallas's Forums

bose sucks.

if you've read other threads on this forum, you'd know...

if you like them, however, feel free to buy them.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

I have this system for my PC. At low to medium volumes, it surprises me at how good it sounds. http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...duct_id=fx4021 I bought at Best Buy.

They have others to choose from as well. These look cool if you don't like subs. http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...duct_id=mx5020

Here's their current line if you'd like to look around at specs. http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...puter_speakers
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I think it is time to hold court and determine if you are just a troll. We shall select a jury but we have none of your peers. Who would like to defend and who would like to be the prosecuter. I shall be the executioner.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Crazy,
    Over the rainbow, I am crazy,
    Bars in the window.
    There must have been a door there in the wall
    When I came in.
    Crazy, over the rainbow, he is crazy.

I got the Bose speakers and WOOO it's amazing the bass is soo low and great it sounds like twice the size of the speakers almost close to like having a sub. Very good speakers I think this Bose I got. Of cource if I had the one that comes with a sub that has alot more bass but for the size it has the most bass. But since I don't have $300 I can't get the better one that sounds even alot better. These have alot more bass than the AV-20 did so these are great for $100 the mids and highs are clear too.
    Dallas's Forums

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I think it is time to hold court and determine if you are just a troll. We shall select a jury but we have none of your peers. Who would like to defend and who would like to be the prosecuter. I shall be the executioner.
    Ooooh! Ooooh! I'll defend him! I'll defend him!

Spanky, did you take my advice on how to break in your new speakers?

If one think about it, the gas money he could have saved from going back and forth to Bestbuy (not to mention time), he could have bought this system from Bestbuy for $50 more. But apparently, he trust saleperson or bruchure more.

For $150, he could have Klipsch or Logitech 2.1 system from Bestbuy, and it would blow Bose ot AV20 speakers out of water.

Logitech put out 200 watt (40W per satellite, 120W subwoofer), and Klipsch also put out 200 watt (35-watt per satellite, 130-watt subwoofer).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1186003898407

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051384267922
    ]

Suspended
    I got the Bose speakers and WOOO it's amazing the bass is soo low and great it sounds like twice the size of the speakers almost close to like having a sub. Very good speakers I think this Bose I got. Of cource if I had the one that comes with a sub that has alot more bass but for the size it has the most bass. But since I don't have $300 I can't get the better one that sounds even alot better. These have alot more bass than the AV-20 did so these are great for $100 the mids and highs are clear too.

Maybe you should take these back a few times while you save up for the set with the sub. Oh, and like Smokey mentioned, you should walk to Best Buys to save the gas money. Anyway, the sales girl at my Best Buy says that all their speakers sound better when your all sweaty and out of breath. And by the sound of this post I am replying to, it sounds like you already are.

I hate Bose products too but was a little impressed with the Companion 5 setup a co-worker uses. I had him play some Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, and Tal Wilkenfeld through them and they weren't half bad but not worth the money.

Spanky, once again, what are your reference tracks? What bands/songs are you testing these speakers with? Do you play the same tracks each time through two sets before returning one?

Good. Now you can shut up for a while.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Let's stop feeding the troll.....

It is a sad state of affairs that this individual has a tendency to generate more traffic than has been shown here in several days.........

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Oh, and like Smokey mentioned, you should walk to Best Buys to save the gas money. Anyway, the sales girl at my Best Buy says that all their speakers sound better when your all sweaty and out of breath.
    Man, that is funny LOL

Those cheap PC speakers he keep trying are alright for low qualiity audio such as online streamimg audio/video or low bit rate MP3s where dynamics are compressed.

The point where they fall apart is when fed high quality audio with high dynamics such as CD/DVD or high bit rate MP3. Since they can not reproduce lower frequency accurately, all one hear is a distorted "thump" out of speakers. That is why those speakers give him a headache when they are loud.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Let's stop feeding the troll.....

It is a sad state of affairs that this individual has a tendency to generate more traffic than has been shown here in several days.........
    Heck, this is the most fun I have had around here for years ever since they changed the software.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I' am serious about this but I really need to know if Bose speakers are really that great as they display them. I did think they sound really good like lifelike sounds for the price but I just needed to know if they are really good speakers.
    Amidst the mockery and silliness let me offer one point. Given that Best Buy is one of the fastest growing multi-national corporations in the world would they actually take up floor space with an inferior product, much less devote so much prime merchandising real estate to something that was any less than the ultimate A/V experience for their valued customers.

I think not. Great choice Spanky.

Here are the top features for the Bose speakers I have.

TrueSpace® Stereo Signal Processing Circuitry
    This proprietary technology helps maximize audio performance by widening the image of closely placed speakers. You experience audio that seems to come from a soundstage wider than the two speakers, allowing for full performance beyond the computer screen.

Ported cabinet design
    Provides clearer, deeper low musical tones and movie/gaming special effects from a small enclosure.

Dual inputs
    Enjoy two audio sources simultaneously—one to your computer, the other to a portable audio device.

Convenient control and jack placement
    Thoughtful design provides convenient, easy access to volume, headphone jack and connection for a second source.

Magnetically shielded speakers
    Magnetic field is essentially confined inside the speakers and will not cause monitor interference or damage to magnetic media such as audio cassette tapes.

Automatic tonal balance adjustment
    Automatically adjusts tonal balance for rich, convincing audio performance at practically any listening level.
    Dallas's Forums

The coolest feature is this one. I have not seen alot of speakers that have this feature. I know that these Bose speakers has a computer chip to adjust the sound to make them sound like life. Also that chip adjusts the tone depending how loud you have the volume set.

Automatic tonal balance adjustment
    Automatically adjusts tonal balance for rich, convincing audio performance at practically any listening level.

Also this feature is really nice.

TrueSpace® Stereo Signal Processing Circuitry
    This proprietary technology helps maximize audio performance by widening the image of closely placed speakers. You experience audio that seems to come from a soundstage wider than the two speakers, allowing for full performance beyond the computer screen.
    Dallas's Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information