• 12-16-2006, 04:07 PM
    nobody
    Best Free DVD burning software?
    I just got as DVD burner. Any advice for good free burning software for it? Or, am I gonna need to buy something?
  • 12-16-2006, 05:01 PM
    Groundbeef
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nobody
    I just got as DVD burner. Any advice for good free burning software for it? Or, am I gonna need to buy something?

What are you burning? Home videos or are you making "Backup" copies of movies.

BTW if you are "backing up" your breaking the CDMA laws.

I would recommend 1ClickCopy look for it on Google as "1click dvd". You can use it 3 times to try it out.
    It supports dual-layer, single-layer, and is fast and accurate. If you are making "backup" you will also need something else. A decryptor. 1click makes some recommendations as they cannot legally supply it. But if you happen to find one...well it works in harmony.

Good luck.

Your Hardware may have come with some burning software as well.
  • 12-16-2006, 07:40 PM
    audio_dude
    yeah, my step-dad is a master of "backing up" he's got over 700 movies! using Zip.Ca, getting movies, burning 'em, then returning 'em...

i can ask what software he uses, i know he uses like 3 different ones, all free, and Nero software to burn the disk...
  • 12-17-2006, 04:55 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    If you're already using CD burning software, you may be able to use the same software -- much of the software out there will burn to CD or DVD.
  • 12-17-2006, 06:15 AM
    Groundbeef
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio_dude
    yeah, my step-dad is a master of "backing up" he's got over 700 movies! using Zip.Ca, getting movies, burning 'em, then returning 'em...

i can ask what software he uses, i know he uses like 3 different ones, all free, and Nero software to burn the disk...

Nero isn't free. And its a bit clunky to use. 1Click is literaly that. You put in the disk you need to backup, click copy, it saves it on hd/ prompts you to put in a blank DVD, and burns it.

Start to finish is about 2 hours. 1/copy, 1/burn.

If you have a faster machine it goes faster. Mine is a bit older.
  • 12-17-2006, 09:20 AM
    nobody
    I'll check out that 1clickcopy. Thanks.
  • 12-24-2006, 08:58 AM
    Groundbeef
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nobody
    I'll check out that 1clickcopy. Thanks.

Well its been a few days. Have you tried it? Did it work for you?