Thread: New guy

Forum Regular

New guy

New guy here. Just like playing around with sound systems. Get good deal hook them up and try to make it better.

Forum Regular
    I thought id post what i have in my system. 2 choices of recievers. Kenwood VR-307 and Sony STR-DE445. 2 RtR Model # 123, 3 way floor speakers. Sony SS-CT301 Center channel. 2 RCA SP3300BS for my rear surround sound and a Polk Audio PSW-125 12" powered sub. All kinda thrown together. Got the 4 speakers center channel and stands for the RCA for $220 brand new in a box from a store that quit selling speakers.

Samsung upconvering DVD player..1080P8, Sony KDS-60A3000 SXRD TV, and a Xbox 360 elite

weclome...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther427
    New guy here. Just like playing around with sound systems. Get good deal hook them up and try to make it better.
    Hi Panther427 - welcome - is that panther427 the same formula as....

Forum Regular
    LOL oh ya. But the new and improved version

Wassup panther. Nice TV BTW!!! I got the 60A2000

Forum Regular
    I love my tv. Actually my first big one. The biggest i had before it was 27" lol.

AR Newbie Registered Member

new to this forum

im new to this forum site and new to the new age audio looking to learn and build a surround sound system for pc and home

were should i go to start learning

Forum Regular
    I'm also new!

Forum Regular
    Also looking forward to getting started on my dream setup

me too. first post but long time lurker(reviews)

welcome to you all, stick around and hopefully Y'all find your heart's desire,
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

New to this forum as well but long time audio lover - just set up my current system in a newly finished room with some old equipment and some brand new stuff. Checked out a lot of reviews on this site when looking for new equipment so thought I would join up.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums!
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    welcome!

Forum Regular
    Have been browsing this forum for years. Thought its about time I signed up. Thanks for all the interesting perspective and knowledge sharing!

Forum Regular
    been trying to upgrade my old system, and have hit a possible hiccup

New

I'm new too. I'm looking for good speakers to buy for my dorm room. My budget is 600 dollars for speakers+amplifiers.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldrindl View Post
    been trying to upgrade my old system, and have hit a possible hiccup
    Quote Originally Posted by arvinshm View Post
    I'm new too. I'm looking for good speakers to buy for my dorm room. My budget is 600 dollars for speakers+amplifiers.

As ways a couple of questions. First what will you be using as your source? Secondly do you listen to much radio so maybe a receiver might be best. An integrated amp will also work.

Pioneer recently released an inexpensive speaker that has had a nice review in Stereophile. Cambridge Audio makes some nice entry level electronics and speakers. Paradigm and PSB Audio have some nice entry level speakers.

If you are interested in buying used that will give you more choices at your budget.

Welcome and members will give advice when they see your post. Good luck with your search.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

good speakers to buy

I'm looking for speakers with good bass since I'm gonna listen to a lot of trance and house music. The source is my laptop if I got ur question right. I'm looking for a separate amplifier as well. I've been told that with the price range that I want(600$ for both the speakers and the amp), I can't get floorstanding speakers which means I need to give up some bass and buy bookshelf speakers.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arvinshm View Post
    I'm looking for speakers with good bass since I'm gonna listen to a lot of trance and house music. The source is my laptop if I got ur question right. I'm looking for a separate amplifier as well. I've been told that with the price range that I want(600$ for both the speakers and the amp), I can't get floorstanding speakers which means I need to give up some bass and buy bookshelf speakers.
    If you shopped for used components you should be capable of getting decent entry level speakers and amplification. Ebay is still food for something.

Welcome to the forums, btw...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Welcome and jump right in, folks. Don't be shy about asking your speaker questions in the speaker forum, etc. Find the right forum and answers/suggestions/comments will find you.

I learned a lot by lurking, but I received great advice once I started posting. The search for new speakers is what motivated me to participate and I still have the first two pairs I picked up based on recommendations from members here 10 years ago. Once you get your gear settled in you'll be ready to discuss movies in the favorite films forum and music in the rave recordings forum. Or, you can discuss beer, politics, religion or anything else in the off topic forum.

Thread Information