• 10-23-2010, 01:31 AM
    tomba65
    Hello there + experience with AR 40
    Just to say hello and thanks to the staff of General Audio Forum :thumbsup: . Thanks for the possibility to be a part of this excellent forum. I am from Macedonia, Europe, and this is perfect place to get excellent experience and comments from you as here we do not have anything like this.
    For the beginning I have one question, is anyone has some experience with speakers AR 40. I am waiting to receive them this days from a friend, and I am very exited what will I get. I've tried to find something on the web but nothing at all. One of the reasons is that those are old series of AR from the end of 80's I guess. Are they good speakers, their quality, Some technical data, actual price and other...
    Thanks for now :)
  • 10-23-2010, 04:16 AM
    Hyfi
    Hello and welcome. I have never owned the ARs but have heard them. There are many people over at AudioKarma that rave over most any AR series. What will you be driving them with?
  • 10-23-2010, 12:31 PM
    poppachubby
    Hey tomba, and welcome. I have no info regarding the AR speakers, but I am curious about your gear. please share with us...
  • 10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
    tomba65
    Hi there. This is what I drive:
    Harman Kardon AVR 7550
    Harman kardon HD 7625
    Pioneer DVD 440
    B&W 602
    Waiting for AR 40
    Cheers