I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Hello Again-thekid

Thought I'd stop by and say hi since it has been awhile. Somewhat a self-imposed exile on my part due to my frustration with the spam and posting issues. Hope all the regulars are doing well.

A few more changes to my set-up since I was last here but from what I understand it would still be pointless to try and post pics.

The main 2-channel set-up is now Denon amp/pre with a pair of MMG's. The Denon runs 300wpc into 4ohms so it can handle the Maggies with ease.

Not to dis any vintage collectors I also run a restored Pioneer SX-1050 with a pair of Time Window 1's in the same set-up.

Thrift stores and CL continue to yield gold (and occasional silver face). Best find was probably a pair of Celestion SL6si's.

Those of you I have talked to over on AK can see the pics there if interested.

See you on the boards.........
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Good find on the Celestions. Welcome back and we are removing spam these days so the site will look cleaner.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information