Been on the forum long time gave reviews but 1st post Hi!

I have given reviews here for a long time but this is my 1st post here. I consider myself to be an audiophile or extreme enthusiast. I have been messing around with audio since I was 8 when a friend of mine's dad got me into higher end audio and showed me the reward of quality audio. I got into car audio for a long time but now I just like to sit and relax at home and gas is just too expensive these days to drive around anymore, LOL. I have built some custom speakers and home sub-woofers. and quite a few speaker restoration, cross-over rebuilds etc. Anyway just thought I would say HI.

Kevin, what gear do you have?
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Infinity quantum line source, Polk SDA SRS 2 Tweeter crossover upgraded, Rotel 990BX and a few other Rotel amps, a Rotel 5.1 pre, Sony STR DA2ES, Yamaha center, Two homemade subs with Dayton 18" driver, one has a Dayton Plate amp and the other has a Bash. Panasonic 50" plasma, BSR EQ actually a few, And a bunch of other stuff I cant use because our house is too small. I have actually sold a bunch of stuff for the same reason, Some Carver AL III plus, a few subs, my projector and screen, A bunch of Adcom gear. A Carver M 1.5t amp. all gone. Oh well I will get new stuff when we buy a house.

Actually its all changed now. The Polks and Infinities are gone. I replaced the Rotel with an ATI AT1502 I now use some Sony ES SS M7 speakers most of the time and a set of Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands. I also got a Sony CDP CA9ES cd player and also a Sony CDP CA70ES, still trying to decide which one I like better, I also ditched the BSR EQs and got some Emotiva ICs and speaker cables. The Sony sound so much better than the Polk or Infinities simply the best speakers I have ever owned and I have owned a lot, the Viennas sound real good too, but have to hand it to the Sonys.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc666 View Post
    Actually its all changed now. The Polks and Infinities are gone. I replaced the Rotel with an ATI AT1502 I now use some Sony ES SS M7 speakers most of the time and a set of Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands. I also got a Sony CDP CA9ES cd player and also a Sony CDP CA70ES, still trying to decide which one I like better, I also ditched the BSR EQs and got some Emotiva ICs and speaker cables. The Sony sound so much better than the Polk or Infinities simply the best speakers I have ever owned and I have owned a lot, the Viennas sound real good too, but have to hand it to the Sonys.
    Those Sony SS-M7's certainly look impressive: congratulations & enjoy.

Thread Information