AR Newbie Registered Member

Supra Rondo 4x2.5 v's AudioQuest Type 4 v's Tara Labs Speaker Cables.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there might wish to voice their opinion on the following.

I am currently looking to upgrade the cable runs from my receiver to the mains in my system, and looking at a few different options...

System looks like this... (well the relevant components anyways...)

Yamaha RXV3300 Receiver.
    Richter Wizard MKII Mains (Aussie hand built floor standing speaker)

Believe most will have a little bit of an idea on the type of spec on the Yamaha...
    As for the Richters... They are a 3 way 3 driver design, running Audax drivers from France, floor standing encloses (42lt or there abouts), 4ohm, fs 44-22kHz +/-3dB, 90bD sensitivity, 125w RMS (RAP).
    Sound, is a all round well balanced one, with a nice little bit of punch in the lower areas.
    They are currently (factory) running Tara Labs 'Klara' cables as internal wiring. (I have removed the lugs and run since run a direct solder connection to each of the drivers.

As mentioned looking to upgrade the current speaker wire runs from the receiver to the mains, however torn between a few different ones. As there is limited access to some of the above cables here in Australia, looking to buy off shore and ship into the country. This causes a problem where I'm not able to try then buy...

So if anyone has any first hand experience with the below cables please let me know...

Supra Rondo 4x 2.5

AudioQuest Type 4

Tara Labs Prism ???

Usage would be for runs of about 4-5 mts each side of the receiver.
    Listen to just about everything from Frank Sinatra, the 3 tenors, Eagles, to good old aussie 80's music, dance, trance, and general current charts tracks -Live, U2, etc.
    The system is also use as a 8.1 Ch theatre system with other Yamaha components, Richter speakers, Yamaha YST-SW800 Sub, Panasonic, Sony, Lowe, video components.

Thanks!!!!!!

Linear Guy

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by mickyaus
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there might wish to voice their opinion on the following.

I am currently looking to upgrade the cable runs from my receiver to the mains in my system, and looking at a few different options...

System looks like this... (well the relevant components anyways...)

Yamaha RXV3300 Receiver.
    Richter Wizard MKII Mains (Aussie hand built floor standing speaker)

Believe most will have a little bit of an idea on the type of spec on the Yamaha...
    As for the Richters... They are a 3 way 3 driver design, running Audax drivers from France, floor standing encloses (42lt or there abouts), 4ohm, fs 44-22kHz +/-3dB, 90bD sensitivity, 125w RMS (RAP).
    Sound, is a all round well balanced one, with a nice little bit of punch in the lower areas.
    They are currently (factory) running Tara Labs 'Klara' cables as internal wiring. (I have removed the lugs and run since run a direct solder connection to each of the drivers.

As mentioned looking to upgrade the current speaker wire runs from the receiver to the mains, however torn between a few different ones. As there is limited access to some of the above cables here in Australia, looking to buy off shore and ship into the country. This causes a problem where I'm not able to try then buy...

So if anyone has any first hand experience with the below cables please let me know...

Supra Rondo 4x 2.5

AudioQuest Type 4

Tara Labs Prism ???

Usage would be for runs of about 4-5 mts each side of the receiver.
    Listen to just about everything from Frank Sinatra, the 3 tenors, Eagles, to good old aussie 80's music, dance, trance, and general current charts tracks -Live, U2, etc.
    The system is also use as a 8.1 Ch theatre system with other Yamaha components, Richter speakers, Yamaha YST-SW800 Sub, Panasonic, Sony, Lowe, video components.

Thanks!!!!!!
    The Audioquest Type 4 is one of their entry level cable products. I have used it with my system and found it acceptable but not mind-blowing. I did not reach an acceptable level of non-interference and sweetness from a cable until moving up to Audioquest Bedrock. I checked these out with reasonably revealing separates and speakers though.

Having said that, the question in my mind is whether your amplification/speaker combination is capable of the kind of sensitivity required to her important differences between the cables you mention vs. good multi-strand generic copper cable.In other words, I wonder how much 150.00 cables really help a mid level AV receiver. Are there some cables you can borrow from friends to evaluate this for yourself? No one here can predict the sound coming from your speakers with any of the wires you mentioned. Try to insist on returning wires that might not sound right. Reputable dealers, however distant, will appreciate this (hopefully).

Have you given any thought about the PS Audio Xstream cables? They are AWESOME! I upgraded from my AudioQuest GR-8's to them about 2 months ago and I am in utter disbelief at how much better they are!

Thread Information