Post What XLR Balanced Interconnect

Hi everyone, Wonder if someone can recommend a Quality XLR Interconnect to go between my Krell CD Player and Krell Pre-Amp?

I have a Hovland Gen 3 between the Pre Amp and the Amp.

Thankyou,

quad
    Rega Planar 3 Turntable
    Denon TU-260 II Tuner
    Yamaha KX-580 SE Tape
    Marantz CD6000 KI CDP
    Krell KAV-500 Power Amp
    Krell KRC-3 Pre Amp
    Krell Studio DAC
    Krell KAV 300 CDP

Red Rose 'Spirit' Bookshelf Speakers

Chord Cobra 3 Interconnects
    Hovland Gen 3 Balanced XLR Interconnects
    Chord Chameleon XLR Interconnects
    IXOS XHD608-100 Digital Coax Interconnects
    Chord Odyssey 2 Speaker Cables

Suspended
    Hi Q; I'd recommend staying with the same brand throughout for a consistent sound. If your not happy with Hovland for some reason, my local Krell dealer swears by Transparent. I have only used Transparent so I can't really say how they compare. I have also found Siltech to be a terrific cable but I haven't used their XLR's.

I'm quite happy with the Hovland, it seems like a good cable. I haven't tried Transparent yet so i'll see if i can give one a try!
    Rega Planar 3 Turntable
    Denon TU-260 II Tuner
    Yamaha KX-580 SE Tape
    Marantz CD6000 KI CDP
    Krell KAV-500 Power Amp
    Krell KRC-3 Pre Amp
    Krell Studio DAC
    Krell KAV 300 CDP

Red Rose 'Spirit' Bookshelf Speakers

Chord Cobra 3 Interconnects
    Hovland Gen 3 Balanced XLR Interconnects
    Chord Chameleon XLR Interconnects
    IXOS XHD608-100 Digital Coax Interconnects
    Chord Odyssey 2 Speaker Cables

How do you feel about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Hi Q; I'd recommend staying with the same brand throughout for a consistent sound. If your not happy with Hovland for some reason, my local Krell dealer swears by Transparent. I have only used Transparent so I can't really say how they compare. I have also found Siltech to be a terrific cable but I haven't used their XLR's.
    Personally I have an ussue paying more for cable than for the components they connect. The Transparent XLR options are out of mine range ... but go for it you rich guys.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

And the...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Personally I have an ussue paying more for cable than for the components they connect. The Transparent XLR options are out of mine range ... but go for it you rich guys.
    ...funny part is you can go out and buy Switchcraft, Neutrik or Shure XLRs and Belden or Mogami or Whirlwind cable and whip up custom lengths for <$10 a piece..and this is the stuff the pros use, the stuff that nearly every studio uses...It's OK for the recording end, but somehow inferior for playback use...the logic escapes me...

jimHJJ(...and it always will...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

We agree, RL

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...funny part is you can go out and buy Switchcraft, Neutrik or Shure XLRs and Belden or Mogami or Whirlwind cable and whip up custom lengths for <$10 a piece..and this is the stuff the pros use, the stuff that nearly every studio uses...It's OK for the recording end, but somehow inferior for playback use...the logic escapes me...

jimHJJ(...and it always will...)

I bought a pair of 6' balanced cables from Blue Jeans, Belden + Neutrik, for $58 plus shipping. They sound wonderful to me, that is, they sound like components they connect. If there are better out there but that cost 10x as much, I'm not sure I want to know about them.(You'll save a little making your own from stock cable and connectors but it isn't worth the hassle, IMO.)

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I bought a pair of 6' balanced cables from Blue Jeans, Belden + Neutrik, for $58 plus shipping. They sound wonderful to me, that is, they sound like components they connect. If there are better out there but that cost 10x as much, I'm not sure I want to know about them.(You'll save a little making your own from stock cable and connectors but it isn't worth the hassle, IMO.)
    ...you pay for the convenience and BJs prices certainly seem reasonable...The XLRs can be had for around $3 each and the wire is really way less per linear foot, but then you have to slog around for the components and there is the cutting and stripping and soldering...and it certainly can be a drag...particularly when you are champing at the bit to hook up something new. When you figure it out and to provide a realistic profit margin, that $58/pr seems fair indeed.

I sincerely doubt that the stuff that costs 10x as much is 10x "better" in any measureable way...

jimHJJ(...at least to the user...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Transparent

Thread Information