Forum Regular

speaker cable - used/new

I have decided on two brands of speaker cable, audioquest and kimber, and would prefer to buy used since it would give me a better chance at getting great speaker cable but would buy used. However, I am no guru at the best locatios for cheap prices on the net, thus any suggestions would be much appreciated

AR Newbie Registered Member

Audiogon &ebay

Audiogon and ebay are both good for used,and if I can add;not sure what your budget or system is but unless you are looking at the top tier of Kimber and AQ,there are much better choices,DH Labs Q10 and Synergistic Research Signature No 2 are both excellent choices for high current situations or bass and Analysis Plus Oval 9 are excellent overall and in allowing detail.All should be available used in the $100 -140 range at www.audiogon.com.

Forum Regular
    My budget was 100$ CAD. I am running paradigm monitor 9s with a Yamaha 4600. I felt used was the better way to get a good deal since cables do not go bad. Any cables you would recommend?

Suspended

Linear Guy

since you like audioquest

Take a look at Bedrock first. It is aparently a discontinued cable and it is IMO the starting point of the better AQ cables. Might take some looking but you can get there for around 100 canadian , used most likely. good luck, dk

Forum Regular
    Thanks, I have been looking on e-bay and waiting for some good ones to come along. Also, I have been looking on usedcable.com but their selection is quite limited. Alternate stores for cheap cables or alternate locations for used cables would be much appreciated.

Thread Information