Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    No, I was just trying to point out that I think cable prices are just ridiculous. :-)

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by poneal
    No, I was just trying to point out that I think cable prices are just ridiculous. :-)
    .........I thought that's what you were pointing out and your not kidding. I could'nt justify spending that kind of money........Zapr

Forum Regular

Well as a fellow VDH cable user I would say....

That if you like the VDH cables and what they have done to your sound then look no further than that company.

They have a huge range of cables and prices so you might as well try models higher up their range. I would strongly suggest you insist on a trial of the cables first, if you find they make a difference in your opinion and like the difference then buy them and ignore what anyone else tells you is right.

I am lucky in that my local supplier lets me take cables home for a couple of weeks before I buy. Of the cables I have taken from him I have bought less than half. Others either made no discernable difference to me or sounded worse in my opinion.

Many people will tell you on this forum that cables make no difference, or that any difference you percieve is imaginary. That may, or may not, be true. I have found, however, that cables appear to make a difference to me and that that difference, real or imagined, is consistent.

Therefore, placebo or otherwise, it increases my enjoyment of my listening and that, for me, is worth the money I have spent.

Quote Originally Posted by zapr
    .......Hey Arch.......Can you put me on to their web site? I'd like to take a look at their cables......Zapr
    Here you go Zapr.

http://www.vandenhul.com

I would also like to tip my hat to Pctower for his reply. You made me realized that perhaps I've been lucky to find a cable that I find enjoyable on my first try.

To make a gambling analogy, I’m gonna quit while I’m ahead. Lets face it, I have a lot of other gears to acquire before I have a good system. This weekend, I’m going back to my local audiophile shop, thank the owner for his cable recommendation, and see if I can pick up a good CD player. Oh, and I’m probably going to pick up some cheap gold plated banana plugs for my cables.

When I finally assemble my ideal system (Arcam CD73, Krell KAV400xi integrated amp, not sure about speakers yet), then I’ll walk back into my local shop and ask the nice man again on a good cable recommendation. It’ll be a couple of years down the road.

And to reply to Monstrous Mike: you don’t like beer? I think there is nothing better than getting drunk with a bunch of friends in the middle of winter, fighting over audio cables…

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch
    Here you go Zapr.

http://www.vandenhul.com

I would also like to tip my hat to Pctower for his reply. You made me realized that perhaps I've been lucky to find a cable that I find enjoyable on my first try.

To make a gambling analogy, I’m gonna quit while I’m ahead. Lets face it, I have a lot of other gears to acquire before I have a good system. This weekend, I’m going back to my local audiophile shop, thank the owner for his cable recommendation, and see if I can pick up a good CD player. Oh, and I’m probably going to pick up some cheap gold plated banana plugs for my cables.

When I finally assemble my ideal system (Arcam CD73, Krell KAV400xi integrated amp, not sure about speakers yet), then I’ll walk back into my local shop and ask the nice man again on a good cable recommendation. It’ll be a couple of years down the road.

And to reply to Monstrous Mike: you don’t like beer? I think there is nothing better than getting drunk with a bunch of friends in the middle of winter, fighting over audio cables…
    Great decision.

Since you mentioned speakers, I'd like to put in a plug for my favorite company: Vandersteen.

Up and down the price range, Richard offers some of the best, if not the best, performance per dollar. And, after owning Vandys for over 15 years, based on my experience, you should never get tired of them. They should be a great match for the Krell.

If possible, I hope you have the opportunity to listen to a Vandersteen speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch
    Here you go Zapr.
    I'm drunk right now. I'm always drunk when I post here. You couldn't handle sober Mike.
    Friends help friends move,
    Good friends help friends move bodies....

Forum Regular
    I have had a van den Hul D102 Mk3 interconnect for 6 years and it's fantastic, I've never wanted to change it.

Forum Regular

Cool

......Thanks Arch.......Zapr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information