Forum Regular

PS Audio Statement speaker cables

Big sale on these at www.audioadvisor.com. Man, if it were true that speaker cables were just audio jewelry, these are the ones I would buy! Huge, thick and beautiful! And 72% off due to closeout! I'm not in the market for speaker wire but does anyone here at A/R use these things? They are really nice looking and I'm curious is the sound lives up to their looks.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Talking PS Audio Statement speaker cables

I purchased 2 pairs of these exceptional cables from Audio Advisor and compared them for a week against a loner pair of Audioquest's Volcano full range cables. To my ears the Volcano had slightly more detail and a tad bit bigger stage presence to them. I have a pair of B&W 802D's along with the HTM2 and 805S B&W speakers. The PS Audio cables are slightly warmer, produces rock solid bass response and has excellent detail. When you consider that a 10 foot pair of Volcano cables would run you $3500 and the retiring PS Audio Cables only cost $389, it's a no brainer. The Volcano to me sounded only slightly better but definetly NOT worthy of paying $3200 more for them. Even if you paid the retail price ($1300) for the PS Audio cables it would be a steal. At $389 (3M/9'10") this is an AWESOME DEAL! The two pair I purchased are used to drive my 802D's and HTM2 center speaker. That leaves me with one extra cable. There's always better cable out there (that even rivals Audioquest's Volcano) but I know that I can get all my money back when and if I sell these babies anytime soon. If your budget (or wife) won't let you purchase cables that cost more than your speakers then I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the PS Audio Statement cables.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

At 2 lbs per foot

Quote Originally Posted by musicoverall
    Big sale on these at www.audioadvisor.com. Man, if it were true that speaker cables were just audio jewelry, these are the ones I would buy! Huge, thick and beautiful! And 72% off due to closeout! I'm not in the market for speaker wire but does anyone here at A/R use these things? They are really nice looking and I'm curious is the sound lives up to their looks.
    If you don't like them you can always sell them for the copper value.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zunter
    I purchased 2 pairs of these exceptional cables from Audio Advisor and compared them for a week against a loner pair of Audioquest's Volcano full range cables. To my ears the Volcano had slightly more detail and a tad bit bigger stage presence to them. I have a pair of B&W 802D's along with the HTM2 and 805S B&W speakers. The PS Audio cables are slightly warmer, produces rock solid bass response and has excellent detail. When you consider that a 10 foot pair of Volcano cables would run you $3500 and the retiring PS Audio Cables only cost $389, it's a no brainer. The Volcano to me sounded only slightly better but definetly NOT worthy of paying $3200 more for them. Even if you paid the retail price ($1300) for the PS Audio cables it would be a steal. At $389 (3M/9'10") this is an AWESOME DEAL! The two pair I purchased are used to drive my 802D's and HTM2 center speaker. That leaves me with one extra cable. There's always better cable out there (that even rivals Audioquest's Volcano) but I know that I can get all my money back when and if I sell these babies anytime soon. If your budget (or wife) won't let you purchase cables that cost more than your speakers then I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the PS Audio Statement cables.
    Nice to know the sound lives up to the looks! They certainly look nice in the pictures. My cables are way boring looking by comparison but I bought them for their sound, of course.

Thread Information