Official User

Ultralink Experience?

Does anyone have any experience with the UltraLink Challenger series speaker cable? I am looking for a high quality, 14 gauge speaker cable that won't break the bank for a stereo set up for my Kyocera reciever and PhaseTech Euro series speakers (now considered vintage I am told, my how time flies) I am not finding much of a selection and I don't want to spend $8-10 (or more) per foot for speaker cable. My set up isn't worth it I don' think.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

As to...

Quote Originally Posted by Stereomaniac
    Does anyone have any experience with the UltraLink Challenger series speaker cable?

My set up isn't worth it I don' think.
    ...the first: No, I don't...

As to the second: It has been said by some of the most rabid after-market wire exponents, that only SOTA rigs will benefit from wiring "upgrades"...soooo...

Maybe some simple OFC zip is a smarter alternative or even a DIY recipe if you are an inveterate tinkerer...

jimHJJ(...Home Depot power cords got some rave reviews not too long ago...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Official User
    Probably true. It's not that my stuff is junk, but it's not a $10,000+ system either. This Ultralink is 14 guage OFC and appears to be OK, but looking at a hunk of wire doesn't tell you much. I guess I just wanted to know if the stuff was going to turn green in 6 months etc.

I read the Home Depot extension cord article as well and thought it was interesting. Orange doesn't really go with my living room though.

Forum Regular
    This is some well-respected cable that might give you what you're looking for:

http://audioc.com/accessories1/dhlabs/t14.htm

If you scroll down, you'll see that it's only $3.69/ft. in bulk.

Thread Information