• 03-15-2007, 07:00 PM
    Hashpot
    The tool for the perfect cable trime
    I went with with the monster XP its very thick cable compared to the standard speaker cable that comes with theater in a box. I tried to cut the end of the cable with somekind of construction knife but it was two hard. What tool am i looking for to trime the ends of the speaker cable. Also should I have any cable coming out of the imputs of the receiver,does this make sense? This is my first time with speakers and all so any corections and sugestions would be apperciated.
  • 03-15-2007, 10:30 PM
    PeruvianSkies
    Well, they do make cable strippers, which you can pick up at any hardware, lowes, home depot, walmart in the country. They are usually under $10 and will save you pain and agony of trying to split them with a knife or anything similar. If you don't already have one of these they are a worthy investment. However, you may already have needle-nose pliers around, which can work as a temporary fix.

Should you have any cable coming OUT of the INPUTS on the receiver...umm, not really sure what you mean here. Are you talking about the speaker wire? Speaker wire will need to come out of all the speaker outputs on the back of the receiver, but you will also have your inputs connected for your sources like CD player, DVD player, etc.

Hope that helps.