• 08-23-2004, 07:48 AM
    Bill K Davis
    terminating audioquest c4 cables
    I am terminating some audioquest c4 wire and want to be sure I'm doing it right.
    I twisted the small red treble wire around the larger red bass wire, then put the bass wire tip into the spring clamp. I do the same with the black wire. The spring clamp is only big enough for the bass wire, alone. Thanks in advance, you audio gurus.
  • 08-23-2004, 08:21 AM
    Resident Loser
    Sorry if this sounds...
    ...off-putting or snotty but, they didn't come with instructions? the salesman didn't explain?

The way you are describing it, at least as I read it, you may be dealing with a big puff of smoke shortly...

jimHJJ(...I'm a simpleton...only two, easily identifiable wires for me...)
  • 08-23-2004, 09:13 AM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill K Davis
    I am terminating some audioquest c4 wire and want to be sure I'm doing it right.
    I twisted the small red treble wire around the larger red bass wire, then put the bass wire tip into the spring clamp. I do the same with the black wire. The spring clamp is only big enough for the bass wire, alone. Thanks in advance, you audio gurus.

By looking at their document, I believe the intent is for both wires for each conductor to be in the signal path as found with DH Labs Q-10 cable. A quick check with AQ or your dealer should be able to clarify.

http://www.audioquest.com/pdfs/quad_helix/type4.pdf

rw