• 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Spec of JPS Labs Ultra Conductor 2?
    Does anyone here know a spec of JPS Labs Ultra Conductor 2?
    I'm looking for a pair of IC between my TT and phono-pre with low capacitance.
    What are my other options for under $200 a meter?

Blue Jean Cable LC-1?

If the cost is too great, I'll probably get another pair of River Cable Audiflex Gold Plus (17pf/ft). I'm not going to base my purchase just based on capacitance and resistance spec, but this will be a good start for my search.

Thanks guys,
    JRA
  • 07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhymeammo

Blue Jean Cable LC-1?

If the cost is too great, I'll probably get another pair of River Cable Audiflex Gold Plus (17pf/ft). I'm not going to base my purchase just based on capacitance and resistance spec, but this will be a good start for my search.

Thanks guys,
    JRA

I have a pair of Nordost Black Knights that are low in capacitance as are many Nordost cables. I love the solid core cable the way you love tubes.
  • 07-22-2008, 03:43 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Thanks for your input, JM.

I have no personal experience with Nordost, but 8.6pf/ft sounds like what I'm intersted in trying. I'm not absolutely certain, but have read somewhere that Nordost doesn't do focus on shielding. And you know analog gear is very picky about cables, but I'll consider it as a worthy candidate.

Thanks,
    JRA
  • 07-23-2008, 04:01 AM
    Chas Underhay
    I don't know the configuration of your rig JRA but I would assume that your phono-pre is close (within 3 ft) of your TT. I wouldn't be be too concerned with capacitance over that sort of distance but shielding could be critical.

You may also have limitations for cable diameter if you have a 5 pin plug at the tone arm end.

If your TT is of the suspended subchassis type; you may need to consider flexibility.

What's wrong with your old IC by the way?

Cheers

Chas
  • 07-23-2008, 07:46 AM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhymeammo

Hmmm. I have a couple pair of the Super Conductor 2 which is a small step up that has 80 pf / meter. I agree, however, that shielding is far more important for a phono lead than capacitance. I suspect that the JPS would be superior to the LC-1 in that regard, but don't know for sure. Lucky lad that I am, I have both and can swap out the JPS for the Blue Jeans for my phono and let you know. I use a medium output MC cartridge, so noise (or the lack thereof) is quite critical for my system.

rw
  • 07-23-2008, 10:02 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chas Underhay
    I don't know the configuration of your rig JRA but I would assume that your phono-pre is close (within 3 ft) of your TT. I wouldn't be be too concerned with capacitance over that sort of distance but shielding could be critical.

You may also have limitations for cable diameter if you have a 5 pin plug at the tone arm end.

If your TT is of the suspended subchassis type; you may need to consider flexibility.

What's wrong with your old IC by the way?

Cheers

Chas

Thank you Chas,

I will be purchasing a modified Technics SL-1200 by KAB. (RCA Box, not DIN).

Since I'll be using LOMC, I feel it is neccesary to use a a pair of cables that are less-resistive and low in capacitance. I'm not sure how much that will affect music, but I would love to find out. Shielding will not be that big of issues for me since I can always remedy it with ERS Cloth.

I'll be looking to run a short connection between my TT and PPl, but would love to be ale to place my TT anywhere I chose. But yes, it would be wiser to run longer cable from PP to pre/integarted amp.

Thanks for your advice on flexible cable for a suspended TT.
    JRA
  • 07-23-2008, 10:04 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Hmmm. I have a couple pair of the Super Conductor 2 which is a small step up that has 80 pf / meter. I agree, however, that shielding is far more important for a phono lead than capacitance. I suspect that the JPS would be superior to the LC-1 in that regard, but don't know for sure. Lucky lad that I am, I have both and can swap out the JPS for the Blue Jeans for my phono and let you know. I use a medium output MC cartridge, so noise (or the lack thereof) is quite critical for my system.

rw

Super Conductor 2 is rated at 80? I thought it was much lower than that.
    But, I would defintely love to hear a result from your comparison between BJC and JPS Labs.

Thank you