Thread: Speaker Cables

Forum Regular

Speaker Cables

Hi everybody,

Here again with more questions. This is a very helpful forum. Somebody know which cable are better between those which have a side with a silver surface or those which are cooper both channel. I have found many of them with transparent insulation and one channel cooper and the other channel silver. Does it have any influence on the quality sound?
    Thanks again.
    Jorge.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dvjorge
    Hi everybody,

Here again with more questions. This is a very helpful forum. Somebody know which cable are better between those which have a side with a silver surface or those which are cooper both channel. I have found many of them with transparent insulation and one channel cooper and the other channel silver. Does it have any influence on the quality sound?
    Thanks again.
    Jorge.
    Generally speaking, silver is said to have a brighter and lighter sound quality than copper. Some people recommend using copper for the woofer, and silver for the tweeter, in a bi-amped configuration.

Forum Regular

On the other hand, dvjorge, remember that...

silver color does not usually mean silver metal - it's usually tin-coated copper. I have no idea how this sounds compared to simple copper.

Laz

Quote Originally Posted by dvjorge
    Hi everybody,

Thanks again.
    Jorge.
    You mean cable with one side copper color and the other wire siver color? I think that is so that you easily distiguish positve from negative. Pick one color and associate it with positive and stick with it so that you don't mis-wire. It doesn't have anything to do with sound quality. Even if I am not understanding your question, the color of the wire does not effect the sound.
    "You two are a regular ol' Three Musketeers."

Thread Information