Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    BTW, I would remind you that in 230 nanoseconds, sound travels about .003 inches. Just breathing gives you far more movement than that.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic
    ... In real world terms, don't you think this borders on the rediculous? Or maybe it has crossed the border and moved well into lunacy land.
    Well, now we're getting somewhere ... I think you've finally nailed it down skep. Boiled it down to it's essence as it were.
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Forum Regular
    BTW, I would remind you that in 230 nanoseconds, sound travels about .003 inches. Just breathing gives you far more movement than that.
    Hmmmm...

As I said, initial vector analysis provided that number based on 1.07 degree shift of a 12 Khz sine.

And, as I apparently have to remind you...I stated quite clearly..and I quote, "not anywhere near audibility findings..I still seek..""

Given the fact that I stated 230 nanoseconds was not something which is audible, I wish to know why you are continuing to "remind us" of something that is of no consequence.

Instead of discussing the 1Khz 40 volt 3 to 4 uSec analysis??? which is far more reasonable w/r to audibility...

Woodman...claiming that 230 nsec is audible is certainly ridiculous...should I come across someone who claims they can hear that, I would also state such..given that I have stated it is way too small to be heard,, are you gonna keep on chipping in whenever someone says it's ridiculous?? (You should have read all the posts...)

Does this mean that, should my analysis gets closer and closer to providing undisputed, totally verifiable and reproduceable evidence that the wires make an audible difference, that your protests to the contrary will get more and more vehement?? Or, if at the end of my analysis, I find that it doesn't, where you will then state "See, I told you so"...even though you did not understand the technical reasons why..

Or, is there some small possibility that you will someday say to yourself "holy ****, that neutron bomber guy is actually using tried and true science, engineering, and e/m theory to attack the problem in a careful, and methodical fashion....even though he has stated again and again, that he has never heard a difference..nor that he is even interested in listening to see if he hears a difference""

Cheers, John
    PS....230 nanoseconds is way too small to be heard..it's ridiculous...

Ok...now you can chip in....."hear hear"!!

PPS..my apologies in advance...(but you deserved it)

Forum Regular
    "Does this mean that, should my analysis gets closer and closer to providing undisputed, totally verifiable and reproduceable evidence that the wires make an audible difference, that your protests to the contrary will get more and more vehement?"

I don't think there is any doubt left that they can make a difference. While Cuba and North Korea are still the last holdouts of communism, Mtrycrafts has finally thrown in the towel more or less on wire, admitting that it is possible for the "infinitely inventive mind of man" to devise different wires that make audio systems audibly different. But there is a long way to go before different become "better" and before better becomes "worth it" or at the very least, the only way to get from there to here. If you don't get started on that part of the research pretty soon, you may not live long enough to see it through.

"Given the fact that I stated 230 nanoseconds was not something which is audible, I wish to know why you are continuing to "remind us" of something that is of no consequence."

Maybe not audible to you but I've got two Rottweilers who say they CAN hear a difference and I am sure that bats can easily hear it. Hey I know, Dracula approved VAMPIRE WIRE or has that brand name been copyrighted already? But Jon Risch can certainly hear it. Just ask him. He'll give you his spiel about digital jitter. I get digital jitter myeslf. Especially when I drink caffeinated digital coffee.

Forum Regular
    "Does this mean that, should my analysis gets closer and closer to providing undisputed, totally verifiable and reproduceable evidence that the wires make an audible difference, that your protests to the contrary will get more and more vehement?"

I don't think there is any doubt left that they can make a difference. While Cuba and North Korea are still the last holdouts of communism, Mtrycrafts has finally thrown in the towel more or less on wire, admitting that it is possible for the "infinitely inventive mind of man" to devise different wires that make audio systems audibly different. But there is a long way to go before different become "better" and before better becomes "worth it" or at the very least, the only way to get from there to here. If you don't get started on that part of the research pretty soon, you may not live long enough to see it through.

"Given the fact that I stated 230 nanoseconds was not something which is audible, I wish to know why you are continuing to "remind us" of something that is of no consequence."

Maybe not audible to you but I've got two Rottweilers who say they CAN hear a difference and I am sure that bats can easily hear it. Hey I know, Dracula approved VAMPIRE WIRE or has that brand name been copyrighted already? But Jon Risch can certainly hear it. Just ask him. He'll give you his spiel about digital jitter. I get digital jitter myeslf. Especially when I drink caffeinated digital coffee.
    Ummm, Skep?

the "remind part was geared to you..the vehement protest part was aimed at woody..my apologies for not making that clearer...

As for better or worse...hmm..I'm not sure I've ever considered those metrics...I've been concentrating on the technical aspects..

Yah that jitter crap is not to be believed...nor the strand jumping, nor the ....ah, so much material from JR...it would be an amazing stand up comedy routine (for geeks, of course). I fear that no stand up comedian alive would be able to support the deadpan delivery that it would require..they'd always be laughing...

Cheers, John..

PS..what else do your Rottweilers tell you??

Forum Regular
    Both are female Rottweiler mixes. Both are extraordinarily affectionate and love all people, especially children and other animals.

Toccata, a three year old shepherd/rotweiiler mix and down to a "skin and bones" (not exactly but doctor's orders) 85 pounds, tells me that if I try one more time to give her the physical therapy the vets told me to after her knee operation three weeks ago, she is going to bite me. She gets another knee operation on her other knee in about three weeks. (yesterday she was running also against doctor's orders but at least she isn't trying to climb to the second floor--yet.)

Fugue, a two year old bernese mountain dog/rottweiler mix in the vacinity of 150 pounds tells me, more food, I'll eat anything. (Toccata is partial to Italian ante pasta, grilled steak, and pork.) Fugue isn't as bright as Toccata but loves to sing. It doesn't take much coaxing to get her started. She'll be comin' 'round the moutain is her favorite song and knows just when to sing her part.

Both dogs love music. Toccata lets you know it's time to listen to music by barking at the stereo equipment if it is off and she's in the mood. They both like to listen fairly close and in the sweet spot. They both prefer the enhanced AR9 system over the enhanced Bose 901 system as evidenced by how eager they are to go into each room when music is playing. Toccata prefers Mozart's harp concerto. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of it. They also both like Bach's Toccata and Fugue. Somehow they just seem to know it theirs.

Let's hope this new guy Eric is not a budding Jon Risch clone wannabe. If he is, as far as I'm concerned, its the end of this message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information