• 11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
    darkNiGHTS
    Questions about banana plugs
    I'm really new to speakers and the only stuff I know is what I've read online. I've tried searching for this, but I can't find a definitive answer.

What are the difference between all the types of banana plugs on monoprice? And how do I know which one will fit in my speaker? I have a Polk Audio CS245.

Thanks, Cory
  • 11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
    blackraven
  • 11-16-2009, 03:37 AM
    poppachubby
    If your speaker has ports for banana plugs, you'll be fine. What you need to be concerned with is the gauge of wire that the plug can accept, this is the biggest difference you'll find with banana plugs. Besides, from Monoprice I'm guessing they are 4 or 5 bucks right? If for some strange reason the plugs don't fit, you will have paid the money to find the answer to your question.
  • 11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
    JoeE SP9
    As PC said the only concern with banana plugs is can they accomodate the wire you're using. The size for the plug itself is standard. I would recommend locking banana's. They usually have a twist lock to keep them in the socket. If you are thinking of buying Monoprice cables I suggest you check the Wire and Cables forum. Several forum members have reported less than good results using Monoprice cables.
  • 11-29-2009, 07:47 AM
    darkNiGHTS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven

Sorry for the late response, but thanks I ordered the first one, hope everything works out well.
  • 11-29-2009, 12:55 PM
    pixelthis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by darkNiGHTS
    Sorry for the late response, but thanks I ordered the first one, hope everything works out well.

Just dont peel em first.
    Greatest invention since sliced bread.:1: