Forum Regular

Preamp to amp cable for B&K 7270

I recently bought a B&K Ref 30 and B&K 7270 preamp and amp respectively over ebay. The seller told me that B&K doesnot supply the cables. I am looking for cables between Preamp and amp. I would want to drive Paradigm Signature S4 with this equipment. Let me know what cables are inexpensive and do the job their best.

Thanks
    Pandu

nightflier
    Start with AudioAdvisor.com. They have a decent selection of interconnects, but not so much that you'll have too many choices. Something in the $100 range from Audioquest or MIT should be a good start. make sure you check out their clearance/b-stock section, too. The sales reps are very helpful. Monster cable is probably at the lower end of the cost-to-value ratio.

http://buy0.audiogon.com/cgia/fsb.pl?cablintr&1&ctg&st1
    I'm sorry, too lazy to write anything about it.

Forum Regular
    Do not skimpt on cables, use quality one's. got also B&K and Paradigm Studio 60 combo system and I use kimber for FL,C&FL and AR for SR Left& Right, straight wire Digital form DVD to preamp and also kimber from preamp to amp. Please avoid Monter cables it's onter in price but not in performance. nomar

Check out whitezombieaudio.com They are silver interconnects and are well constructed with locking connection points. I have been quite satisfied with mine and you can customize the size of the cables as well.

Linear Guy

here' two possibilities

Here's two I am familiar with.

Cheap - This one is 11.00 and sounds good

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMa...0RCA%20Kables#

Not so cheap but very good - Audioquest Diamondback. Probably about 100.00 pair from Audioadvisor.

I echo the sentiments of others regarding Monster. They are a waste of money.

I have a pair of AudioQuest Diamondback's that I am trying to get rid of...they run about $80-$100, but I was willing to sell them for $40. They are 1 foot each.

Forum Regular
    For step-up in quality and price go for nordost.but you have to pay the price.

Forum Regular
    some cables in audio-advisor are expensive check out Ebay.
    I haven't try that knukoncept are realy good. any testimony?

Forum Regular
    I don't lean much on audioquest. I prefer other names simple in geometry and no voltage added.

Good interconnects for cheap

Quote Originally Posted by pdhanwada
    I recently bought a B&K Ref 30 and B&K 7270 preamp and amp respectively over ebay. The seller told me that B&K doesnot supply the cables. I am looking for cables between Preamp and amp. I would want to drive Paradigm Signature S4 with this equipment. Let me know what cables are inexpensive and do the job their best.

Thanks
    Pandu
    Blue Jeans Cables make good stuff for reasonable cost; we're talking professional grade gear, not sucker bait.
    I don't know if B&Ks have balanced, (XLR), connectors, but if so, then definitely used balanced interconnects, since these have much better noice rejection than unbalanced, (RCA), connectors.

I recently bought a pair of 6 foot balanced connectors to run from my Adcom GFP-750 preamp running in passive mode, to my pair of Monarchy SM-70 Pro power amps. This works well, that is, longer interconnects and shorter speaker cables -- my speaker cables are each only 3 feet long.

Linear Guy

don't avoid them because they are cheap

Quote Originally Posted by nomar
    some cables in audio-advisor are expensive check out Ebay.
    I haven't try that knukoncept are realy good. any testimony?

Dito E-bay but stay away from unfamililar quick buck artists.

The reason I made a recommendation for an 11.00 interconnect is because some people think there are no differences between cables as long as they function similarly. I respect that point of view. Those people should buy the 11.00 interconnects because they sound much cleaner and musical than factory supplied interconnects, they are reasonably well made with a twisted wire configuration, sturdy connectors and a good soldering job at the conector. I have them in a second system and I think they are fine. I will admit it is a non-critical listening application but for 11.00 you can't go wrong IMO.

Ok, personally my feeling is this...you don't connect two good pieces of equipment from B&K with $11 cable...that's just me.

Might be just you

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Ok, personally my feeling is this...you don't connect two good pieces of equipment from B&K with $11 cable...that's just me.
    High-end audio is a confidence racket. If you're not confident that the $11 cable will do the job, then it won't. Personally I think once you go much past, say, these ...
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
    ... you don't gain very much. Then again, I'm not a golden ear -- see my motto below.

How about Blues Jeans' RCA 3' stereo pair for $31.75? (A balanced pair is $50.) Still too cheap?

Forum Regular

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    High-end audio is a confidence racket. If you're not confident that the $11 cable will do the job, then it won't. Personally I think once you go much past, say, these ...
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
    ... you don't gain very much. Then again, I'm not a golden ear -- see my motto below.

How about Blues Jeans' RCA 3' stereo pair for $31.75? (A balanced pair is $50.) Still too cheap?
    Personnally, B&K is a decent system that you should connect with better ambilical cord in betwwen. Give justice to your system so used quality cables the proportionate to your system. Enjoy your system as I did. I also owned B&K Combo. but I still amazed with balanced connection, single ended is only half the quality.

Linear Guy
    [QUOTE=nomar]Personnally, B&K is a decent system that you should connect with better ambilical cord in betwwen. Give justice to your system so used quality cables the proportionate to your system. Enjoy your system as I did. I also owned B&K Combo. but I still amazed with balanced connection, single ended is only half the quality.[/QUOTE]

I respect that but consider that if you are going to go cheap on some aspect of your system, let it be wires. There are lots of good performing cheap cables now. It is not something that big-buck brands can keep secret indefinately.

Forum Regular
    Go with Audio Dragon. New to the market. Great sound quality. 100% satisfaction or money back. You can check on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by audio dragon
    Audio Dragon.
    Hmmmmm. I'm not going to mentioned that "S" word cuz that's what you call yourself on this site. Is it just a coincidence?

Thread Information