THC no THD!

I know we hate Monster, but...

Anyone using or heard any feedback on the Monster Z2 Bi-Wire Audiophile Speaker Cables? They're the ones CC has begun to carry online for $199.00 for ten footers. They seem pretty well done, and I wonder if this kind of termination is better then using 2 seperate runs of cables and simply "twisting" them together where they terminate. Anyhoo, ANY info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steal a set on ebay....

Monster cable has some pretty decent calbes on the upper end...but don't buy them new....because at the price-point Straight Wire (amoung others) are a better buy in my HO...but used...they have almost zero snob-appeal (hench almost zero "snob-appeal-cash-relinquishing-properties" so they can be "had" for a very very fair price and will serve you well.

Peace, Pogue

http://cgi.ebay.com/Like-new-Monster...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-Z2-BIWIR...QQcmdZViewItem
    • Mark Levinson No. 27
    • Musical Fidelity 308cr
    • Martin Logan Prodigy's
    • Ariel Acoustics 10-T
    • Rega Planet CD
    • CJ Premier 9 DAC
    • Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    • Benz Micro Cart.
    • Akai GX 747 Reel to Reel
    • Straight Wire Virtuoso Interconnects

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J*E*Cole
    Anyone using or heard any feedback on the Monster Z2 Bi-Wire Audiophile Speaker Cables? They're the ones CC has begun to carry online for $199.00 for ten footers. They seem pretty well done, and I wonder if this kind of termination is better then using 2 seperate runs of cables and simply "twisting" them together where they terminate. Anyhoo, ANY info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    J*E* - anything Monster branded is overpriced, bottom line. If you want an excellent cable, look on eBay for the AudioQuest Bedrock; they're discontinued, but they're still one of the best cables for the money. A 10ft pair can be had on eBay for as little as $150, and if you can't find them there, you can buy them directly from Audio Advisor for either $200 or $230. I personally own these cables, and from the many, many cables I've tested, by far, in terms of price-performance, Bedrock mops the floor with any other cable, especially when you consider that at one point, a pair of Bedrock cables would run you about $700! And if that wasn't enough, once I saw many an audiophile using them in system configs costing upwards of $100,000, I was sold.

At first, Bedrock sounds a bit "dark" compared to other cables, but once they're broken in, roughly after about 100 hours or so, they start to sound really great and neutral, and they give you some wicked tight bass. The cable is designed specifically for the purpose of bi-wiring, and purchased directly from Audio Advisor, you can get them in any custom termination you want, whether it's single or bi-wire, bananas or spades.

There's a lot of fantastic cables out there in the $200 - $300 range, but I think Bedrock offers one of the best bangs for the buck. Read any review out there and you'll see they're exceptionally well reviewed by all. One thing is for sure - they'll trump the Monster cables any day.

Thread Information