PolyTron speaker cable

Printable View

• 03-16-2004, 10:12 AM
    zapr
    PolyTron speaker cable
    ............I picked up a spool of polytron high performance oxygen free 14 awg speaker cable for my surround speakers. One set of strands is copper, the other is what I believe to be tin. My question is, what is the purpose of this and which is the positive and which is the negative. A 100ft. spool was $25.95. Thanks in advance..........Zapr.
  • 03-16-2004, 11:36 AM
    Rockwell
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zapr
    ............I picked up a spool of polytron high performance oxygen free 14 awg speaker cable for my surround speakers. One set of strands is copper, the other is what I believe to be tin. My question is, what is the purpose of this and which is the positive and which is the negative. A 100ft. spool was $25.95. Thanks in advance..........Zapr.

You can use either side for positive/negative as long as you do it consistently. The color difference is so that you can tell which side is positive/negative.
  • 03-16-2004, 04:06 PM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zapr

Most likely it is a coating on the wire so you can tell easilly when making connections.