AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Opinions wanted Monster A/V cables

Are Monster a/v cables worth the money or is there another brand comperable aith a better price?

Monster is definitely a huge ripoff. You can get the same cables for 1/4 the price at Walmart or partsexpress.com

There's nothing wrong with Monsters actual product, it's just way overpriced.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I use Monster AV cables

Quote Originally Posted by 2891966
    Are Monster a/v cables worth the money or is there another brand comperable aith a better price?
    And they work fine. I think I paid like $109.95 for a 2 meter set of (3) Component cables. They have good connectors, and very good shielding. Never had a problem with them, and I don't feel I got ripped off.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I find 99% of cables over priced. Doesn't matter the brand, if I shop a bit, I can usually find them discounted 75% or more. Everyone just picks on Monster because they're the recognized brand name at big box stores.
    They aren't crappy by any means though. I use a couple L/R sets I picked up on clearance at Best Buy a few years ago.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

There's something I can agree with 100%

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I find 99% of cables over priced. Doesn't matter the brand.
    It's a pretty sorry thing too. Only drug companies mark things up more.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    It's a pretty sorry thing too. Only drug companies mark things up more.
    Don't get me started. This could be it's own thread. Co-pay of $30+ for 30 pills, insurance pays them the other 80 to 90%. All for something that cost them $1 or less to make.
    Anyway, I found this wire to be a fair deal.
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=100-155&DID=7
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Don't get me started. This could be it's own thread. Co-pay of $30+ for 30 pills, insurance pays them the other 80 to 90%. All for something that cost them $1 or less to make.
    Anyway, I found this wire to be a fair deal.
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=100-155&DID=7
    Man, oh man, you guys have no idea. Since moving back to Canada as an adult with the odd medical problem, I've got more appreciation for just how messed up the health system is. We are basically bending over and letting these drug companies stick their slimy suppositories up our...well you know
    I cannot belive how much cheaper prescription and OTC drugs are up here... And there's no reason for it. Their public health care system doesn't subsidize the drug industry. Apparently it's even better in some European countries.
    I guess if you never get sick it doesn't matter.
    My dad's lucky he has the army's plan, but at his age with his problems he'd have to take out a 2nd mortgage if he was on his own.
    Guess we should all be buying Glaxo or Pfizer stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Man, oh man, you guys have no idea. Since moving back to Canada as an adult with the odd medical problem, I've got more appreciation for just how messed up the health system is. We are basically bending over and letting these drug companies stick their slimy suppositories up our...well you know
    I cannot belive how much cheaper prescription and OTC drugs are up here... And there's no reason for it. Their public health care system doesn't subsidize the drug industry. Apparently it's even better in some European countries.
    I guess if you never get sick it doesn't matter.
    My dad's lucky he has the army's plan, but at his age with his problems he'd have to take out a 2nd mortgage if he was on his own.
    Guess we should all be buying Glaxo or Pfizer stock.
    I started a new thread in off topics for this.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Monster cables?

Favorit brands out there and why?

Quote Originally Posted by 2891966
    Favorit brands out there and why?
    Here is a good thread to read. It may be what you are looking for.

Speaker cables - what do you use...?

Forum Regular

The lowest & Mid price Monster Cables of Each Series Are Worth It

From trial and error, I use Monster THX cables (subwoofer, component cables etc.) at their basic lowest or mid price levels, and am quite happy with the results and truly believe they give better quality then standard cables of other brands. However, the most expensive cables of each series monster puts out to me don't sound as good as their basic or mid price ones. For instance my sub sounds best with Monsters lowest price THX Sub cable & doesn't sound as good with their more expensive ones. I also recommend buying monster cable new on Ebay for about 1/2 the price you'd buy in a store.

Thread Information