Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I was just stating what was written on one cable manufacturers web site. I always take what they say with a grain of salt and much skepticism and do not put much credence in their claimed specifications. (Am I sounding cynical?).
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    ...the higher conductance of silver wires off sets the higher capacitance according to silver wire dealers.
    I think that's an oversimplification. I think what they are saying is that in trading off resistance for capicitance, they opted for lower resistance.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Yes, thats exactly what they are claiming.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Forum Regular
    I have recently purchased the White Zombie "LA CAYANA" Interconnects. They took about 100 hours to break in and may still be improving but I am seriously impressed to say the least. I also recently bought a pair of DH Labs BL-1 cables and they sound pretty good as well. Both cables are more detailed than any copper cables I have owned (Tara, Audioquest, Monster) and throw a wonderful and transparent soundstage. They made my system sound alive. I use the White Zombies between my CD Player and Preamp in my main system. They sound smoother and less bright than the DH Labs. I am having great luck with the DH Labs in my second system between the preamp and main amplifier where they are revealing but less bright. Second system uses an Onkyo M-282 Amplifier which I see you can now get for around $199. It sounds really, really good for the price.

Also a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by tkyc
    I have recently purchased the White Zombie "LA CAYANA" Interconnects. They took about 100 hours to break in and may still be improving but I am seriously impressed to say the least. I also recently bought a pair of DH Labs BL-1 cables and they sound pretty good as well. Both cables are more detailed than any copper cables I have owned (Tara, Audioquest, Monster) and throw a wonderful and transparent soundstage. They made my system sound alive. I use the White Zombies between my CD Player and Preamp in my main system. They sound smoother and less bright than the DH Labs. I am having great luck with the DH Labs in my second system between the preamp and main amplifier where they are revealing but less bright. Second system uses an Onkyo M-282 Amplifier which I see you can now get for around $199. It sounds really, really good for the price.
    I too use all WHITE ZOMBIE cables in my setup, with exception of the speaker cables themselves. I have had great success with them!!!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I use CAT Cables Silvercat ICs. Can't equal them at twice the price-I don't think you can beat them at any price. My $.02

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar

Got My New Cables and More

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I wound up getting my interconnect cable from Accessories 4 Less. I picked up a 1 meter IXOS XHA706 cable. Then I decided to upgrade my speaker cables also. I picked up a pair of Tara Labs "Prism Omni ST cables on ebay. The additions to my system have made a marked improvement in detail and clarity. Thanks to all. Research, purchase, implementation and improvement. Its nice when it works out that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information