• 02-28-2007, 11:22 AM
    blackraven
    I was just stating what was written on one cable manufacturers web site. I always take what they say with a grain of salt and much skepticism and do not put much credence in their claimed specifications. (Am I sounding cynical?).
  • 02-28-2007, 02:06 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven
    ...the higher conductance of silver wires off sets the higher capacitance according to silver wire dealers.

I think that's an oversimplification. I think what they are saying is that in trading off resistance for capicitance, they opted for lower resistance.
  • 02-28-2007, 05:06 PM
    blackraven
    Yes, thats exactly what they are claiming.
  • 03-16-2007, 09:11 PM
    tkyc
    I have recently purchased the White Zombie "LA CAYANA" Interconnects. They took about 100 hours to break in and may still be improving but I am seriously impressed to say the least. I also recently bought a pair of DH Labs BL-1 cables and they sound pretty good as well. Both cables are more detailed than any copper cables I have owned (Tara, Audioquest, Monster) and throw a wonderful and transparent soundstage. They made my system sound alive. I use the White Zombies between my CD Player and Preamp in my main system. They sound smoother and less bright than the DH Labs. I am having great luck with the DH Labs in my second system between the preamp and main amplifier where they are revealing but less bright. Second system uses an Onkyo M-282 Amplifier which I see you can now get for around $199. It sounds really, really good for the price.
  • 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM
    PeruvianSkies
    Also a fan...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tkyc
    I have recently purchased the White Zombie "LA CAYANA" Interconnects. They took about 100 hours to break in and may still be improving but I am seriously impressed to say the least. I also recently bought a pair of DH Labs BL-1 cables and they sound pretty good as well. Both cables are more detailed than any copper cables I have owned (Tara, Audioquest, Monster) and throw a wonderful and transparent soundstage. They made my system sound alive. I use the White Zombies between my CD Player and Preamp in my main system. They sound smoother and less bright than the DH Labs. I am having great luck with the DH Labs in my second system between the preamp and main amplifier where they are revealing but less bright. Second system uses an Onkyo M-282 Amplifier which I see you can now get for around $199. It sounds really, really good for the price.

I too use all WHITE ZOMBIE cables in my setup, with exception of the speaker cables themselves. I have had great success with them!!!
  • 03-17-2007, 05:58 PM
    Alaric
    I use CAT Cables Silvercat ICs. Can't equal them at twice the price-I don't think you can beat them at any price. My $.02
  • 03-24-2007, 06:28 PM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Got My New Cables and More
    Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I wound up getting my interconnect cable from Accessories 4 Less. I picked up a 1 meter IXOS XHA706 cable. Then I decided to upgrade my speaker cables also. I picked up a pair of Tara Labs "Prism Omni ST cables on ebay. The additions to my system have made a marked improvement in detail and clarity. Thanks to all. Research, purchase, implementation and improvement. Its nice when it works out that way.