Monster XP speaker cable?

Printable View

• 09-08-2005, 06:39 AM
    L.J.
    Monster XP speaker cable?
    Has anyone upgraded from the Monster XP cable and noticed a difference in their system? I know were not talking day and night, just any difference.

The cable seems fine to me, although it's probably overpriced, but it's all I've know.
  • 09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
    cam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by L.J.
    Has anyone upgraded from the Monster XP cable and noticed a difference in their system? I know were not talking day and night, just any difference.

The cable seems fine to me, although it's probably overpriced, but it's all I've know.

In my last house with my last system I had Monster XP cable. I bought it but was told that I would get better results with ( I can't remember the exact name) but it is made by Monster and it is hugely thick. I bought some for my main and center speakers. The surrounding insulating material was huge. I couldn't even stick it under my baseboard. If memmory serves it had the word dielectric in the name. Cost me about $3 a foot. 20 feet for my front three speakers and $60 + tax later and I had absolutely no difference in sound. I was duped and it will never happen again. Keep your XP.
  • 09-10-2005, 07:19 AM
    L.J.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cam
    In my last house with my last system I had Monster XP cable. I bought it but was told that I would get better results with ( I can't remember the exact name) but it is made by Monster and it is hugely thick. I bought some for my main and center speakers. The surrounding insulating material was huge. I couldn't even stick it under my baseboard. If memmory serves it had the word dielectric in the name. Cost me about $3 a foot. 20 feet for my front three speakers and $60 + tax later and I had absolutely no difference in sound. I was duped and it will never happen again. Keep your XP.

My gear is in a huge wall unit. Two towers and two bridges connecting the towers. Each tower weighes about 270lbs. Trust me, it would take a whole lot of convincing to get me to pull this thing apart.

Thanks for the reply. If anything I'm just curious. There's nothing like discovering theres more out there than Best Buy and Circuit City. I am smart enough to spend my money on better things than more speaker wire. ;)
  • 12-15-2005, 12:16 PM
    SkiTaos
    Monster is junk!
    I have Monster xp right now and I think they are junk!! I think Monster is highly overrated! Their super high end stuff might be ok but I'm not going to waist my time.

I am going to purchase some Kimber Kable in the next few months.

So, i would try Kimber Kable 8TC! Don't forget your interconnects too, they are just as important as well!

You will definatly hear a noticable difference.

Mike