• 05-08-2004, 06:53 AM
    msim2020
    Monster Vs Acoustic research component video cable
    I need to buy a component video cable for my setup. Panasonic progressive scan DVD player and Samsung 32inch HDTV.

There are Monster cables (MV2CV or MV3CV), and then there is Acoustic Research cable (DA-091). These are few I am considering. The AR cable is much cheaper, however I am not sure if I will lose quality (perceptible quality).

Can somebody advise? Thanks!
  • 05-08-2004, 02:18 PM
    jackz4000
    Both
    Go to the store and buy them both. Use stores that give you a refund if not satisfied. Give them both a trial run and A/B them...get a friend to help to do a blind test. Get more friends to help for a double blind test. Choose the cable that sounds best to you. Return the looser to the store and get your money back. Enjoy the cable you selected. And post your results. Best answer I can give ya. Good luck.
  • 05-08-2004, 09:19 PM
    Tony_Montana
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msim2020
    There are Monster cables (MV2CV or MV3CV), and then there is Acoustic Research cable (DA-091).

Both cables are quality made, but Monster cables tend to over charge for their cables. So I would go with AR and rest assure, you will lose any quality :)
  • 05-08-2004, 10:02 PM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony_Montana
    So I would go with AR and rest assure, you will lose any quality :)

??? Did you really meant to say this?
  • 05-08-2004, 10:03 PM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

I need to buy a component video cable for my setup. Panasonic progressive scan DVD player and Samsung 32inch HDTV.

There are Monster cables (MV2CV or MV3CV), and then there is Acoustic Research cable (DA-091). These are few I am considering. The AR cable is much cheaper, however I am not sure if I will lose quality (perceptible quality).

Can somebody advise? Thanks!

How about Radio Shack video cables? Same stuff. Or, on line from www.partsexpress.com
  • 05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
    msim2020
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony_Montana
    Both cables are quality made, but Monster cables tend to over charge for their cables. So I would go with AR and rest assure, you will lose any quality :)

I assume then that you have tried the AR cables and are saying that I will not lose any quality. I should then go ahead and get AR. I would rather not buy the cable, open it and then return... Thanks!
  • 05-09-2004, 09:08 PM
    Tony_Montana
    Quote:

I assume then that you have tried the AR cables and are saying that I will not lose any quality.

Yes, that is what I meant. That you will NOT lose any quality (sorry Mtry). Most of my cables are Radio Shack Gold series mainly because RS store it is two blocks from my house. But I would not hesitate to buy AR if it was closer.

Quality is quality no matter if you buy it from Bestbuy, Radioshack or Walmart stores. Just stay away from their cheaper [priced] cables :)
  • 05-13-2004, 05:16 AM
    Resident Loser
    FWIW, I've seen no diff...
    ...between Philips(Home Depot, Wal-Mart), RCA(Target), AR(P.C. Richard)
    or the OEM stuff that came with my player...

I decided on the RCA for the best reason of all...I liked the way it looked and it was the cheapest...Monster's prices seem excessive to me and I have never tried them...

Actually, all the stuff(other than the OEM) seems to be quite similar, other than slight cosmetic differences...

jimHJJ(...Notice: This is my own anecdotal opinion based on completely unscientific methodology which is not reliant on statistical proababilites, blind testing or DBTs...No ABX compartors were harmed during these trials and if captured the Secretary will deny all knowledge of their existence. I reserve all rights to my intellectual properties and the Commisioner prohibits any replay or reproduction by any means...and of course, no wagering!...)
  • 05-13-2004, 11:47 AM
    JSE
    Another vote for AR. Monster is simply way overpriced. I personally have mostly Rat Shack Gold Series cables in my system. They are well made and are cheap compared to most cables out there. Rat Shack also sells the Gold Fusion Series cables but they are considerably more expensive.

JSE