AR Newbie Registered Member

Help Connecting Sub...

Ok i'm relatively new to this but here goes...

I have a Dual 8" Sub and it has RCA outputs on the back of it L & R. My Receiver has a sub output but it only has 1 input. I connected the sub by using speaker wire from my receiver into the sub and then to my front speakers. Everything works fine, but I wasn't sure if I needed to connect the RCA cable also? Should I get a splitter to convert the RCA L & R coming out of the sub into one input for the sub jack on the receiver? I know Dual isn't the best but it was free. I have some Klipsch 4.2's that I love. Thanks for the help.

You don't need to do both the speaker wire connection and the RCA interconnects. It's an either-or thing.You're good, as is.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks, I wasn't sure.

If you decide to use the RCA inputs rather than the speaker connections, you can probably just use the L, rather than L and R. But you'd get more signal using the splitter idea.

Kursun
    What you need is an audio splitter cable like this:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103862&cp=&pg=2&sr=1&origkw=audio+cables&kw=audio+cables&parentPage=search

You better use you receiver’s RCA sub output. Because it provides better bass management than the one in the sub’s speaker level inputs.>>

Thread Information