modded monster cable

I had some "Interlink 200"s sitting around that I didn't use anymore, because monster put these extremely tight clamping connectors on the ends that practically tear your RCA sockets out of your gear.

So I decided to "fix" them. I picked up some Neutrik RCA connects from partsexpress. soldered them on with some radio shack 4% silver solder, then cover the R channel with 3-to-1 shrink wrap, and the L channel with black. Now I got some nice looking RCA's that sound the same, but make me happier because they are gentle on my gear...and hey that helps me appreciate the music more. I'll post some pics when I get home.
    Borders
    Language
    Culture

Borders
    Language
    Culture

Borders
    Language
    Culture

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the tip. I have Monster's Interlink MK 300 II and recently pulled the cable off the connector, leaving the plug on the back of my TV and a severed wire in my hand. I was very upset and agree that their clamps are too tight. I was about to throw the cable away, but thought to e-mail Monster Cable. They asked me to send it in for a replacement under their lifetime warranty. I haven't received the replacement cable yet, but if its in new packaging, I'm thinking of throwing it out on eBay.

Jason Monette
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6ofpain
    I had some "Interlink 200"s sitting around that I didn't use anymore, because monster put these extremely tight clamping connectors on the ends that practically tear your RCA sockets out of your gear.

So I decided to "fix" them. I picked up some Neutrik RCA connects from partsexpress. soldered them on with some radio shack 4% silver solder, then cover the R channel with 3-to-1 shrink wrap, and the L channel with black. Now I got some nice looking RCA's that sound the same, but make me happier because they are gentle on my gear...and hey that helps me appreciate the music more. I'll post some pics when I get home.
    Very Nice Retro Fit, well done!

Thread Information