Forum Regular

Question Kimber Kable 8TC Vs. Nordost Super Flatline

Hello,

I'm currently looking for speaker cables for my system which consists of musical fidelity A300 driving Paradigm Studio 40. I read all the reviews, but really don't have a chance to try 'em out. So, I came down to these two cables, which one do you guys think is better? What are the characteristics for each of these cables? Any suggestions on what cable I should use would be appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblue8
    Hello,

I'm currently looking for speaker cables for my system which consists of musical fidelity A300 driving Paradigm Studio 40. I read all the reviews, but really don't have a chance to try 'em out. So, I came down to these two cables, which one do you guys think is better? What are the characteristics for each of these cables? Any suggestions on what cable I should use would be appreciated. Thanks.

Why only these two cables?
    Cables have very little characteristics after visual aspects and cost.
    Why no consider some 12 ga Home Depot wire or Radio Shack, or WalMart, or Target? Maybe even 14 ga is just fine too.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular

As an owner...

of the Nordost Super Flatline, I say buy them. I found their over all sound to be better than the Kimbers. More smoothness and High end detail. While I thought the bass was just as good.

Now if you were to bi-wire using kimbers 4TC for the high-end and the 8 TC for the bottom end, I think this would probably be a better combo than the Nordost Super Flatline.

But a better cable than both of those is the Nordost Solar Wind. They are my cable of the future. Need to save up some money!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bturk667
    of the Nordost Super Flatline, I say buy them. I found their over all sound to be better than the Kimbers. More smoothness and High end detail. While I thought the bass was just as good.

Now if you were to bi-wire using kimbers 4TC for the high-end and the 8 TC for the bottom end, I think this would probably be a better combo than the Nordost Super Flatline.

But a better cable than both of those is the Nordost Solar Wind. They are my cable of the future. Need to save up some money!

You wouldn't be a bit biased?
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular

Just trying to help

That bright sound that people describe is caused from attenuation in the lower frequency ranges. This makes the higher frequencies stand out. You can achieve the same affect(or is it effect) by using an equalizer.

Or you can order the cables you want and measure there impedance. Then send back the cables, buy inductors, capacitors, resistors, and some cheep .30/foot cable and make cables with a matching impedance. Save $200+

An audiophile spending large sums of money on cables is like an alcoholic spending money on non-alcoholic beer. It just doesn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by iceblue8
    Hello,

Better? What do you mean by better? Are you expecting the wires to do something for you? PLease explain further.

-Bruce

Thread Information