• 01-08-2010, 05:16 AM
    tp
    Just got my new Bluejeans cable
    Just got 2 F-2 HDMI cables and 2 Dig Optical.They got here in Philadelphia area from Washington state in 1 1/2 days. Priority mail. I spoke with Wayne there by phone and he was very helpful and informitive.
    Thanks to Mr Peabody, and 02. Youguys helped out a lot and I have these cables that at least look very beefy and well constructed. I'm sure they will perform well too based off of all the reviews.

Thanks all
    Tim
  • 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM
    Mr Peabody
    You are welcome. How did the cables work out?
  • 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
    manlystanley
    I was helped to try the BJC stereo cables. What a difference from monoprice... What did you think of yours?

Best Regards,
    Stan
  • 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM
    TP, Also, what are you using to test these cables out?
  • 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manlystanley
    I was helped to try the BJC stereo cables. What a difference from monoprice... What did you think of yours?

Best Regards,
    Stan

Yes, they are a bit of a jump from monocable, which is in its own right a jump from the cables you get out the ratshack or the trashcan.

I loved my monoprice until i heard the BJC and then I heard some better, and some different cables. Speaking of which, i've got some that need to go back to someones I think.

but OG, you'll have to post more to please this crowd. so details please?
  • 01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
    manlystanley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    Yes, they are a bit of a jump from monocable, which is in its own right a jump from the cables you get out the ratshack or the trashcan.

I loved my monoprice until i heard the BJC and then I heard some better, and some different cables. Speaking of which, i've got some that need to go back to someones I think.

but OG, you'll have to post more to please this crowd. so details please?

I think that my prior system (B&W 684 and H/K 655) both had darker presentations. So, the monoprice *Video* cables were much brighter. Which actually sounded good. But, with my Magnepan's and Emotiva XPA, these same cables just sounded harsh.

But my Magnepan's sound good now. They actually have a warm sound to them. But I've put in a 2.5 ohm tweeter attenuation resister that Magnepan sent.

It's funny to be saying that the Magnepans sound warm. But they do. Transparent and warm at the same time.

I'm *currently* pleased with the sound of my system, but now am starting to work on getting the wires fixed. Afterwards, I'm going to give the system a month or two evaluation and see what I think. I have a fickle ear. My opinion gradually forms after a lot of listening.

Finally, my guess of what makes a cable 'warm' or bright is just the amount of capacitance that it has. The more capacitance it has the more the higher frequencies are shorted. So, a higher capacitance cable sounds 'warm'. Video cables need very low capacitance, so this is why the sound 'bright'.

Best Regards,
    Stan
  • 01-25-2010, 11:05 PM
    blackraven
    Stan the BJC's are supposed to be low capacitance. I'm not sure if they are as low as you video cables though.
  • 01-26-2010, 03:38 AM
    manlystanley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven
    Stan the BJC's are supposed to be low capacitance. I'm not sure if they are as low as you video cables though.

I agree. Video (because it's such high frequencies and is so sensitive to loss) must have lower capacitance--and so will sound very bright.

Best Regards,
    Stan
  • 01-26-2010, 06:13 AM
    Mr Peabody
    That's something I talked about in my BJC review thread some time back, they claim low capacitance yet the LC highs were not as pronounced when compared to more expensive cables. However, on a lot of entry to mid gear that could be a good thing.