Forum Regular

Eichmann Bullet Plug?

Have any of you guys used the Eichmann Bullet Plug RCA connectors? What were your experiences with them?

I have been using them for the past week on some interconnects which I made out of some Vampire Wire. I have been impressed with the performance. I compared this interconnect with my Kimber Timbre, a Transparent Link 200, and another Vampire Wire interconnect that I terminated with Vampire Wire banana plugs. So far, the Vampire Wire with Bullet Plugs has been the top performer. A little odd since I made it for about half the price of the Kimber and the Transparent.
    -Shwamdoo

No but I read good things about bullet plugs. What is vampire wire and how do you get it? I may try that some time, I will need some interconnects for my phono section soon.
    Dynaudio Audience 60
    Audio Refinement Complete Integrated
    Sony DVP-NC685V CD/SACD/DVD
    Audioquest Viper Interconnect
    14AWG OFC Speaker cable

"hey dreaming it up accounts for half the fun - and time"

Forum Regular
    Vampire wire is a company that sells audio cables out of Lutz, Florida. They are one of the few companies who sell "Six Nines" copper (99.9999% pure). Vampire Wire is relativly inexpensive and is great for DIY projects. I buy the six nines copper in bulk then insulate and terminate it as I please.
    -Shwamdoo

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Shwamdoo
    Vampire wire is a company that sells audio cables out of Lutz, Florida. They are one of the few companies who sell "Six Nines" copper (99.9999% pure). Vampire Wire is relativly inexpensive and is great for DIY projects. I buy the six nines copper in bulk then insulate and terminate it as I please.
    You insulate your own wire? Please describe this.

Linn LP-12 (Origin Live Advanced PS w/DC Motor) Benz "ACE" medium output*TAD-150*Tube Audio Design TAD-1000 monoblocs*Parasound CD-P 1000*NAD 4020A Tuner*Velodyne F-1000 Subwoofer*Toshiba SD-4700 DVD*Motorola DTP-5100 HD converter*Pioneer PDP-4300*Martin-Logan Clarity*Audioquest cables and interconnects* Panamax 5100 power conditioner

I prefere Vampire plugs myself and if the wire is the 25.5 guage wire it is magnet wire made for winding transformers and has insulation on it. I Litz braid my wire and put a woven mesh sleeve over it for protection and looks.
    The wire is continiuous cast in an oxygen free environment so it is impurity free. Most copper wire is made in a kind of electro plate method and the structure and purity are not there like the Vampire wire. By the way, the Vampire OFC solid speaker cable makes great AC cords.
    David Thatcher

Thread Information