High Quality 1/4" Extension Cord

Whattup, hope everything is all dandy for everyone.

Im in a search for a high quality 1/4" extension cord for my new pair of headphones. I guess what Im looking for needs to be about 8-12 feet long for less than hmmm... $70. The only one that I know is made by Grado, but I couldnt get a spec on their OFC.

If you guys know some others right off of your head, then fire away. That`ll help me decide which one to go with. Thanks again,

JRA

seriously...

Just get a basic black 20' non-curled extention from RatShack. It just might p;esantly surprise you. Should be < $20.

Later. if you're feeling froggy, blow for the hi bucks version. It may be the last time you do that.

Oh, I use either Sennheiser 580's, Grado SR 80s or Sennheiser 280's, depending on my mood

Thanks Mark,

i guess Im getting ahead of myself here, since I`m still away from home. But, I`ve listened to my Audio Technica AD-1000 with alot of gears before making my decision. I listened to them with CEC, Luxman, Creek, and even with SA8001 they had at the store. To me these AT are very capable and I wouldnt want to mate them with bad cables. I guess I would have to try them out see what I`ll like, but I dont wish to waste alot of time and efforts. But I will consider your advice cuz $50 can bring me hours of music.

Thanks again,

JRA

Over the years I've learened that "bad" does not always translate to "inexpensive". Nor does "good" translate to "expensive", particularly where cables are concerned.

I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Over the years I've learened that "bad" does not always translate to "inexpensive". Nor does "good" translate to "expensive", particularly where cables are concerned.
    My integrated amp($400) is a great example for me. I bought it used for the about the same price the original owner paid for, and it absolutely destroyed my previous $1300 Rotel. It`s all about finding the right match. I have about 5 pairs of IC at home, and some sounds incredible with particular gears, but absolutely dreadful on others. I`ll try it with RadioShack 1/8" extension that I already have at home and see if it work with my new headphones. It does make my Grado-60 sound grainy though.

Thanks again,

JRA

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    The Grado is certainly adequate. I'm tempted to get the canare-based one from ... Markertek... I think?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information