HDMI Drama - help!

Printable View

• 05-10-2010, 02:33 AM
    mickv
    HDMI Drama - help!
    G'day Guys,

New to the forum and hoping that someone may be able to help me out.

I am currently running a Sony STR-DG710 Receiver with lots of components. I am trying to run a WD HD TV on HDMI through this receiver to my TV. It won't work!

I currently run Foxtel via HDMI through the receiver with no problems; however when I attempt to run the WD HD TV through the other HDMI port in the receiver it won't work. I have swapped ports and proved both work, have used the foxtel cables with the WD HD TV and it works but when I try the WD HD TV with another cable (used two different) it doesn't transmit anything to output.

My only thought - maybe the cable from receiver to tv and receiver to WD HD TV being different makes is creating the problem.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Mick
  • 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mickv
    G'day Guys,

New to the forum and hoping that someone may be able to help me out.

I am currently running a Sony STR-DG710 Receiver with lots of components. I am trying to run a WD HD TV on HDMI through this receiver to my TV. It won't work!

I currently run Foxtel via HDMI through the receiver with no problems; however when I attempt to run the WD HD TV through the other HDMI port in the receiver it won't work. I have swapped ports and proved both work, have used the foxtel cables with the WD HD TV and it works but when I try the WD HD TV with another cable (used two different) it doesn't transmit anything to output.

My only thought - maybe the cable from receiver to tv and receiver to WD HD TV being different makes is creating the problem.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Mick

Sounds like you have a bad HDMI cable to me. Different manufacturers HDMI cables should have no problem working with other manufacturers as long as they follow HDMI protocols, and are of the same rating.

I would purchase a new HDMI cable(1.3) and see if that works with your setup.