Forum Regular

speaker cable from rat shak

bought some new speakers last week. hooked them up with the 30 foot cables i was using for my surrounds which is rat shak 16 gauge wire with rat shak gold connectors. sounded very good a little bright but speakers are new paradigm studio 60's. then i bought some AR gold bananna clips that you shove cable in hozzle and tighten little screw to secure. seemed nice. hooked those to monster 14 gauge xphp time correct what ever and was waiting for the big difference. the highs were not as bright i give it that but imo and i will have to switch back and forth a few times but the rat shak cable imaged better. it seemed that i was noticing the sound coming from the speakers more with the monster wire vs the sound being in the middle of the room more with the rat shak wire. kinda interesting. also AR bannanas are wiggle around in the speaker post but the sound does not cut out if i wiggle them. they are tight as can be in the reciever post. i will replace speaker post with tighter fitting bananna's. todd

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trauski
    i will have to switch back and forth a few times but the rat shak cable imaged better. todd

Imaging is not a cable function. When you switch it back and forth, have someone else do it randomly so you are not biased.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    it must be in my head then. i thought new wire different sound.will do some more testing.

Forum Regular
    You know, it's funny. I use Phoenix Gold speaker wire. When I jumped up from 16 guage wire to 12 gauge wire for my main speakers, I thought the imaging improved as well, though I have no idea why that would be.

- Mason

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader3k
    You know, it's funny. I use Phoenix Gold speaker wire. When I jumped up from 16 guage wire to 12 gauge wire for my main speakers, I thought the imaging improved as well, though I have no idea why that would be.

- Mason

The mind hates voids, blanks, so it fills in with what it think is needed. Human psychology is at work, human bias.
    But, all this is testable indeed with bias controls, DBT testing. That is why it is used as the truth seeker.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trauski
    it must be in my head then. i thought new wire different sound.will do some more testing.

Yes, exactely in the head. The brain will do many mysterious things, like fill in what is not there. Evolution likes something there, not voids, or sameness.
    One reason why DBT is used in science.
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information