Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nusiclover
    does tara labs make better speaker cable or interconnects??? after this question, what else would you recommend?
    thanks for your posts.
    Check this speaker cables survey from The Absolute Sound. The Tara Labs review is in part 1 of the survey so you may have to look for that one in their back issues. This link is the 2nd part which includes Acoustic Zen, Audioquest, DH Labs, Nordost and Home Depot wires among others:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/news...e_survey2.html

Their reference speaker cable is the ultra expensive Nordost Blue Heaven. In this, roundup however, there is no clear winner but some stood out more than others and have particular strengths. Their conclusion states that price is no indication of performance.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by junkeroos
    Check this speaker cables survey from The Absolute Sound. The Tara Labs review is in part 1 of the survey so you may have to look for that one in their back issues. This link is the 2nd part which includes Acoustic Zen, Audioquest, DH Labs, Nordost and Home Depot wires among others:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/news...e_survey2.html

Their reference speaker cable is the ultra expensive Nordost Blue Heaven. In this, roundup however, there is no clear winner but some stood out more than others and have particular strengths. Their conclusion states that price is no indication of performance.
    The methodology (or lack thereof) will drive many here nuts - perhaps rightly so.

But these quotes ought to warm the brains (not "hearts" as that kind of talk isn't permitted around here) of some:

"If you still think I’m kidding, know that Tony Faulkner—engineer of about a third of the best-sounding orchestral recordings of the last twenty years—used the Black-and-Decker equivalent [Home Depot outdoor extension cord] to hook up his Quad 989s at the recent Heathrow Show in England—“They are made from good, thick copper wire, look nice and sound good to me”—and that the designer of what is by provable standards one of the half dozen or so most accurate loudspeakers ever made uses and recommends it all the time."

"I also concur that the AudioQuest is a fine value, but the obvious top honors for value go to Home Depot’s outdoor extension cords: They won’t give you any bragging rights among certain audiophiles, but they’ll sure save you a bundle at very little sacrifice in performance."

Gee mtrycrafts, you've been close all along - you just never made it over to the proper section of Home Depot. Guess you don't do much outside gardening.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pctower
    Gee mtrycrafts, you've been close all along - you just never made it over to the proper section of Home Depot. Guess you don't do much outside gardening.

Oh, but I do, a lot I have recommended that more and more; it has escaped my memory. Maybe that is what I will do from now on except some may not like the plain black jacket
    mtrycrafts

Suspended

I own Tara Labs cables

First let me say that I am not here for an argument, Marty, just answering the gentlemans question.

I have several series of TL cables in a few price ranges. I will not argue anymore whether one sounds different than the other. I can say that they are well constructed and are easily manageable in roughting. I have tried different cables in the same price points and preferred the Tara.

To respond to another post here about matching pricepoints to systems, Synergistic has a q&a program to help you choose the right cable for your system. If you go through the exercise, you will be advised not to spend $1000s on cables for your Sony Rack System. I consider that helpful and not the company just trying to sell you the pricyest cable you want to buy. I can't afford them, but have experienced them in a killer system replacing PB&Js.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    First let me say that I am not here for an argument, Marty, just answering the gentlemans question.

I have several series of TL cables in a few price ranges. I will not argue anymore whether one sounds different than the other. I can say that they are well constructed and are easily manageable in roughting. I have tried different cables in the same price points and preferred the Tara.

To respond to another post here about matching pricepoints to systems, Synergistic has a q&a program to help you choose the right cable for your system. If you go through the exercise, you will be advised not to spend $1000s on cables for your Sony Rack System. I consider that helpful and not the company just trying to sell you the pricyest cable you want to buy. I can't afford them, but have experienced them in a killer system replacing PB&Js.
    i am curious what you notice between the different price ranges of the TL cables you own...i have 5500i interconnects and was thinking of upgrading to the reference 2.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by nusiclover
    i am curious what you notice between the different price ranges of the TL cables you own...i have 5500i interconnects and was thinking of upgrading to the reference 2.

I have older series cables-
    Quantum 33
    Quantum 66
    Quantum CX
    Origianal "S"
    Prism Bi-wire Speaker Cable

I can't speak for the higher grade Tara but For that kind of money I would seriously consider the Synergistic cables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information