Forum Regular

Blue jeans cables?

I have heard good things about blue jeans cables. With a moderatley priced system ( b and w dm602 s3 denon 2801 amp and marantz cd player) would these cables be sufficient rca interconnects. In my application would a digital coax for stereo be preferred or stick with rca?

Yes and maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmoney
    I have heard good things about blue jeans cables. With a moderatley priced system ( b and w dm602 s3 denon 2801 amp and marantz cd player) would these cables be sufficient rca interconnects. In my application would a digital coax for stereo be preferred or stick with rca?
    First, Blue Jeans Cable makes a virtually every type of interconnect, and are all sufficient for the intended application under virtually any circumstances.

Secondly, I assuming you are talking about the connection between your Marantz CDP and your Denon receiver. And, by the sound of it, you connecting the CDP to your receiver using an analog connection, i.e. a pair of RCA interconnects, right? You have option of connecting the CDP to the receiver using digital coaxial interconnect. Which will sound better? Hard to say: it depends mainly on the relative quality of the DAC (digital-to-analog converter) in the CDP versus the one in the receiver.

Forum Regular
    Would it be safe to say that blue jean cables are the best value and have great performance? I have been struggling whether to use digital or analog from my cdp. Which do you think most often is better. The marant 4001 I use is 330 msrp where the denon was 700 or 800 msrp but 3 or so years old.

Better/best

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmoney
    Would it be safe to say that blue jean cables are the best value and have great performance? I have been struggling whether to use digital or analog from my cdp. Which do you think most often is better. The marant 4001 I use is 330 msrp where the denon was 700 or 800 msrp but 3 or so years old.
    Value is in the eye of the beholder (or ear of the listener), but Blue Jeans are certainly excellent value if not necessarily "best" for everyone. If you would perfer to spend a little less money, consider Part Express' Dayton house brand that do run about half the price of Blues Jeans ... http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=181-652 But I wouldn't trust them to be consistently as good as Blue Jeans.

As for whether digital or analog from your CDP will sound better, you ought to try it both ways. If you don't happen to have an "official" coaxial cable for digital, just use a good quality RCA analog cable -- it will work just fine, contary to whatever store sales staff might tell you. (If you go to the Blue Jeans site, you will see that they offer the same wire, e.g. Belden 1694A, for both applications.)

You cant go wrong with bluejean cables. They dont make any false claims and their cables are of good quality parts.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    You cant go wrong with bluejean cables. They dont make any false claims and their cables are of good quality parts.
    I second that

Forum Regular
    You can buy the same Belden cables/wires online from Westlake Electronic supply. They sell by the foot for about half the price of Blue Jeans. Of course the cable is not terminated so you would have to do that, or use bare wire. They also do not offer the white jacket offered by Blue Jeans, only the grey. I have bought from them and was pleased with the service.

The Belden cable seems to be of good quality, but has a very low snake oil content for those so inclined.

You can buy the unterminated wire from bluejean as well for a discounted price. I don't know it compares in price to westlake though.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP