Forum Regular

BetterCables.Com Ad on AudioReview.Com

Can anyone tell me if they've actually tried BetterCables (brand name) as they're advertised on this website with a banner type ad and seem pretty expensive. Is this hype just like Monster Ultra Cables or are these the real thing?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hershon
    Can anyone tell me if they've actually tried BetterCables (brand name) as they're advertised on this website with a banner type ad and seem pretty expensive. Is this hype just like Monster Ultra Cables or are these the real thing?

All audiophile cables are hyped Some are very inexpensive and work well such as zip or low voltage landscape wire
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    I didn't see any data concerning performance or audibility there. Is there some?
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    As long as you get cables that look cool and make your friends envy you, nothing else matters.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    As long as you get cables that look cool and make your friends envy you, nothing else matters.
    I could tell most of my friends anything I wanted about interconnects and cables and they wouldn't know the difference! My old 12 gauge Angstrom speaker cables are black and about 10 mm wide so they look fairly impressive, I must say. However, I tell anyone who asks (and some who don't) the truth about cables.

My friends are impressed with the music they hear from my system. They like to listen to it, I don't worry them tooooo much about the system itself!
    Last edited by Pat D; 08-08-2004 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

Can anyone tell me if they've actually tried BetterCables (brand name) as they're advertised on this website with a banner type ad and seem pretty expensive.
    As it was said before, when it comes to cable, one can not go by name or price. But rather their quality. One can easily get lost in the all hypes and misinformation some cable venders put out there to sell their cables.

I only trust one name in cable industry, and that is Belden
    "Say Hello To My Little Friend."

Thread Information