AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Coax Digital/Analog for Sub-woofer?

Hi, I recently purchased a sub (Yamaha SW1500), and this is my first sub, so i gotta look for some cables for it....

On the other day, I saw a promot of Monster lightspeed 100 cable sale for 10 dollars ea. it was a good deal so I bought 2 for my sub... I am not really sure if there is any difference in cable structure for Coax digital or Coax analog cables... I saw Monster and Bluejeans (a custom cable company) also have their product for Subs... but they are very pricy... and I am not sure if it will worth it.... i mean they are all conductors to carry audio frequency.... ^_^

Also, the stock cable come with the woofer looks like a cheap RCA cable but with a EMC filter on it... I am wondering if the EMC filter is going to help on my new monster cables? Was the EMC filter there because it was a bad quality cable?

Please let me know what do you think, and also if you know it will be a problem to use Coax digital cable to carry analog signals... especially for subs, cause they are running at very low frequency, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hugotan
    Hi, I recently purchased a sub (Yamaha SW1500), and this is my first sub, so i gotta look for some cables for it....

On the other day, I saw a promot of Monster lightspeed 100 cable sale for 10 dollars ea. it was a good deal so I bought 2 for my sub... I am not really sure if there is any difference in cable structure for Coax digital or Coax analog cables... I saw Monster and Bluejeans (a custom cable company) also have their product for Subs... but they are very pricy... and I am not sure if it will worth it.... i mean they are all conductors to carry audio frequency.... ^_^

Also, the stock cable come with the woofer looks like a cheap RCA cable but with a EMC filter on it... I am wondering if the EMC filter is going to help on my new monster cables? Was the EMC filter there because it was a bad quality cable?

Please let me know what do you think, and also if you know it will be a problem to use Coax digital cable to carry analog signals... especially for subs, cause they are running at very low frequency, thank you!
    There is no difference between analog and digital coax.
    "You two are a regular ol' Three Musketeers."

Thread Information