• 12-22-2005, 05:54 AM
    bipper
    close cables and distortion
    For now, I am using a hutch (what you use in the dining room to hold all fancy plates cups etc 8X6)to hold all my components (single stack)

right now all the wires for 6 stacked components (2c amp receiver preamp cd player tape player tuner) = 6 regular power cords, 7 speaker wires (standard zip dh labs) rca (5 dh labs & monster) are all going out the back of the hutch through a 2 inch hole.

So my question is would I notice a difference in sound clearity(transparency, imaging, detail etc) if I seperated all the cables by setting up the components on an table so all the wires are seperate from each other.

Although trial and error is the best route I dont want to spend 3 hrs undoing the system to find out there is no difference. Advice needed

thanks

ADCOM 555 AMP
    MYRYAD MP100 Pre Amp
    Nakamichi 680zx tape player
    Sony ES 70 cd player
    Yamaha V701Receiver for HT
    Kimber Hero-DH Labs cables

Auditioning -- Musical Fidelity Xray cd player (brings life to music and easily surpasses the sony ES)
  • 12-22-2005, 07:39 AM
    markw
    Probably not.
    ...but others might disagree.
  • 12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
    daviethek
    spend the time
    I would venture to say that everyone in this forum has spent hours on end positioning equipment and wires. Experiment and determine if these changes make any difference to you, because that is what matters. The CD player should perhaps be separated from the stack and if you must stack, be aware of the need for proper ventilation of your components. Cheap isolation devices increase the distances between stacked components for slightly beter ventilation . A power strip with surge protetction and hefty internal wiring is almost a must. For the cables, perhaps you could cobble up a ring device that separates the wires by some fixed distances and therefore manages the bundle as it goes out the singoe hole opening. Someone probably sells these things. You might want to think about getting your Power amp on a separate outlet with a quality entension cord.
  • 12-22-2005, 10:31 AM
    Pat D
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bipper
    For now, I am using a hutch (what you use in the dining room to hold all fancy plates cups etc 8X6)to hold all my components (single stack)

right now all the wires for 6 stacked components (2c amp receiver preamp cd player tape player tuner) = 6 regular power cords, 7 speaker wires (standard zip dh labs) rca (5 dh labs & monster) are all going out the back of the hutch through a 2 inch hole.

So my question is would I notice a difference in sound clearity(transparency, imaging, detail etc) if I seperated all the cables by setting up the components on an table so all the wires are seperate from each other.

Although trial and error is the best route I dont want to spend 3 hrs undoing the system to find out there is no difference. Advice needed

thanks

ADCOM 555 AMP
    MYRYAD MP100 Pre Amp
    Nakamichi 680zx tape player
    Sony ES 70 cd player
    Yamaha V701Receiver for HT
    Kimber Hero-DH Labs cables

Auditioning -- Musical Fidelity Xray cd player (brings life to music and easily surpasses the sony ES)

Power cords in proximity to interconnects might result in some power line hum--that's the thing that first comes to mind.
  • 12-22-2005, 01:52 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat D
    Power cords in proximity to interconnects might result in some power line hum--that's the thing that first comes to mind.

I agree with keeping power cords away from cables carrying lower level siganls. I have also noticed a difference in sound when interconnects are coiled vs looped from component to component. I would connect the components with the interconnects not coiled if you are doing that for space purposes.